Forum / Microtones from Cervena Barva Press

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Mar 12, 04:08pm

My new chapbook is out! Microtones is a collection of 24 prose/poems that are published in a stunning book from Cervena Barva Press. Thanks editor and publisher Gloria Mindock!

Here are two short reviews:

"Hip, rousing, and utterly winning, Microtones reveals Robert Vaughan as a sly master of concision, a nimble ringmaster of short-takes and X-ray-savvy mini-portraits. Buoyant, brimming with clear-eyed humor ("I have a bachelor of arts in folding laundry") and a larkish cinema verité candor, leavened with small gusts of compassion and social acumen, this is a chapbook Frank O'Hara would have loved."
    —Cyrus Cassells, author of The Crossed-Out Swastika

"Robert Vaughan sucks us into his luminous vortex with guts, humor and grit. Microtones is as much about transcendence as falling. Vaughan blasts through the subterfuge of the unsaid and lets us "face gravity head-on." This is a fearless, unparalleled collection reminiscent of Lydia Davis that takes us on a "free fall" of a ride we want to jump back on over and over again. Read it!"
    —Meg Tuite, author of Domestic Apparition

For an example of one of the pieces included, you can visit my page and read "Wrestling with Genetics."

Also, please do visit the Cervena Barva website where you will also find Roberto Carlos Garcia's new lovely chapbook, Amores Gitano (gypsy loves):

http://www.cervenabarvapress.com

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Mar 12, 05:45pm

Bought my copy two days ago. I'm looking forward to reading it, Robert.

Robert Vaughan
    Mar 14, 02:19am

I am very grateful, JP!!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Mar 14, 11:31pm

Just got it today along with Roberto's. Good reading this weekend at the Reese/Hardaway house.

Robert Vaughan
    Mar 15, 02:22am

YAY!!! Same at my house with Roberto's arriving yesterday. Thanks, JP!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.