Forum / My Chapbook from Cervena Barva Press

• Img_0942.thumb
    Roberto C. Garcia
    Mar 11, 02:40am

Hello friends,

Gloria Mindock and her awesome Cervena Barva Press have published my chapbook, "amores gitano (gypsy loves!"

I've put all the information below and if you're interested I'd greatly appreciate your support. Thanks again and thank you Gloria!!

Also, our friend in poetry and fiction, Robert Vaughn has a new book out with Cervena Barva also.

Cheers!

amores gitano (gypsy loves)
    by Roberto Carlos Garcia
    Červená Barva Press, 2013

Roberto Carlos Garcia's work has appeared in Connotation Press- An Online Artifact, Wilderness House Literary Review, Poets & Artists Magazine, Metazen, Atticus Review, and others. His fiction is included in the anthology "The Lost Children," a book of 30 short stories to benefit children's charities PROTECT and Children 1st U.K.

"Amores Gitano (gypsy loves)" is his first chapbook.

A native New Yorker, he now lives and works in New Jersey where he is pursuing an MFA in Poetry and Poetry Translation at Drew University's Low Residency MFA Program.

You can follow Roberto Carlos Garcia on Twitter at @thespokenmind. His website is www.robertocarlosgarcia.tumblr.com

"In his chapbook, amores gitano, Roberto Carlos Garcia breathes adult passion into the craft of desire, these poems strip themselves, naked. They flirt and they want and each section a near erotic frame of determined risk ready to widen the realm of the reader's senses. Here is a poet who can dress and undress the lyric with his mind, hands and tongue."
    —Thomas Sayers Ellis, Author of Skin Inc. Identity Repair Poems and The Maverick Room

"Roberto Carlos Garcia gives us twenty stunning gypsy loves in amores gitano that together construct a language so wrought with desire it swaggers. This is a luminous book that marks the emergence of a new and important voice that is sure to stir up all kinds of bad."
    —Sean Nevin, Author of Oblivio Gate

There's a cruelty
    about her
    that's always hungry.

When she finally takes,
    finally tastes flesh
    & is full,
    what's left of me
    is loved again,
    her cruelty abates.

In many ways
    I'm a keeper
    in a zoo.

Once the lions are fed
    I can enter the cage
    but still,
    I'm leaving my life
    to chance.

$7.00 | 30 Pages | In Stock

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Mar 11, 10:50pm

Congratulations, Roberto! Thanks for the mention. So thrilled we came through the same press, Cervena Barva, at the same time. Like twin brothers from different fathers? Something like that. In any case, wishing you loads of success with this adventure and all future writings.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Mar 12, 05:49pm

Bought this along with Robert's new baby, Roberto. I'm looking forward to reading it. I hope some of the poems from KGB are in it ;)

• Img_0942.thumb
    Roberto C. Garcia
    Mar 13, 02:21am

Yes, they are Joani! Robert, I think I waved to you through the maelstrom that was AWP. However, and quite understandable, you were being carried off by the current. I was there for work and didn't have too much time to go to too many events. Congratulations my friend, keep writing! Joani, you're next. No?

• You must log in to reply to this thread.