Forum / It has been a great loss no longer being notified of comments

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Jan 15, 10:19pm

I often read old stories and comment and others read mine and before it would be brought to my attention so I can thank the person. Now, I have no idea who is reading anything but my most recent posts. Occasionally I'll fine them two months later. I miss that feature of FN.

• Letitia_coyne.thumb
    Letitia Coyne
    Jan 16, 03:34am

I thought I had made an error in setting preferences for email notifications.

Yes, I would have liked to receive a note, even a website notification in lieu of an email. Or a collection of all member related actions shown on the individual's page. I have no idea if this is possible.

Lxx

• Letitia_coyne.thumb
    Letitia Coyne
    Jan 20, 10:44pm

Thank you. Notifications are moving again, it seems. :)

Lxx

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Jan 20, 11:07pm

The flood gates have opened. Just received about thirty notices in my e-mail. To everyone who wrote--You're welcome.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Jan 20, 11:51pm

Yup, the gates have opened. Thanks for all the comments/messages. And a big thanks to the Fn techie who fixed it. Much appreciated.

• Better_than.thumb
    Sally Jayne Heymann
    Jan 21, 12:54am

LOL I wondered why my phone was dinging so much, then looked to find 69 emails from this site. The thing is, I have my notification e-mails turned off.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Jan 21, 03:58am

Received 77 Fictionaut emails tonight. Hoping the future brings more in smaller batches.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Jan 21, 11:09am

Hooray & thanks to Carson for the late night fixes. I only understand part of the explanation, but apparently there's was a hard-to-detect "memory leak" that had swallowed all of the emails. Apologies for the sudden disgorgement, and please do let us know if there's any more trouble.

• Better_than.thumb
    Sally Jayne Heymann
    Jan 21, 04:03pm

Jurgen, I have all the notification boxes unticked, so I do not get them in my e-mail, but now it sends them anyway. Has that feature been revised?
    Sally

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Jan 21, 07:17pm

I thought it was lovely to get so much mail. Like several birthdays on one day. Keep 'em coming.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Jan 26, 03:26pm

As of yesterday, I am no longer getting e-mail--again. Seems the glitch is not fully fixed?

• Me.thumb
    Foster Trecost
    Jan 26, 10:10pm

I never cared for the notifications. I love coming to the sight wondering if someone left a comment, if someone faved something. I like the anticipation.

But I don't post that often, so it's easy for me to check whatever story I have current. Now, in the case of people commenting on older stories....hmmm. That's a good point, Gloria. I guess that's why they allow us to turn on/off notifications. Some like 'em, some don't. But for those who like 'em, I wish they worked...

• Jane.thumb
    Jane Flett
    Feb 25, 09:56am

Ding-ding-ding! Everything arrived for me today. I like it.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.