Forum / Physical affects & effects of the process...

• Apc_logo_02.thumb
    MichaelDickes
    Nov 22, 11:52am

Spiritual Novocaine - Anymore, the process of writing wastes me. I mean that it physically takes a toll on me in as much as when I finally accept that I have given everything I have to a new piece, I feel as if I've come down with a flu and on the way to the store to buy medicine I was run over by a bus. Somehow, and there are no words to describe or even understand how it happens, I have become connected to some universal energy. My voice opens and I'm blown open for everything I've got. This one took weeks of sleepless obsessing. Please give it a listen and please feel free to share this. http://michaeldickes.weebly.com/songs.html

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Nov 22, 03:36pm

Beautiful music, Michael. That WOULD take it out of you, creating all those complex aspects of the track.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Nov 22, 03:38pm

Loving the next song, the circularity, the chorus...

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Nov 22, 04:39pm

Great to listen to -- thanks for posting, Michael.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Nov 23, 01:55am

Michael, your weeks of sleepless obsessing (to which I can relate!) are, I believe, worth it. What a result.

Fantastic stuff. Thanks for sharing.

• Apc_logo_02.thumb
    MichaelDickes
    Nov 23, 02:48am

Thanks all. Appreciate the listen:)

• Franz_liszt_1839.thumb
    J. Mykell Collinz
    Nov 25, 12:12am

Thanks for posting this, Michael. I enjoy very much.

" . . . no words to describe or even understand how it happens, I have become connected to some universal energy."

You have Duende.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Nov 25, 12:48am

Michael, if this was whiskey, I'd say it was a better blend and order round for the house and a bottle to go.

I feel your pain, but I'm glad you stayed the course.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.