Forum / Challenge: Post story daily for one year

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Oct 27, 06:00pm

I did 100 days last year. Anyone want to join the challenge? My stories started Oct 25 at http://queruloussquirreldaily.blogspot.com/
    Happy to have company.

• Flower_wallpaper.thumb
    Bud Smith
    Oct 28, 11:11pm

that's a wonderful challenge Gloria! I'm doing novels though and struggling on editing them once they are done

• Jude-star-of-david-jpg.thumb
    Copper Sloane Levy
    Oct 29, 04:38am

I'm going to try this. I'm neck deep in studies and I'll probably bow out at some point, but I'm going to try. (deep breath)

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Oct 29, 04:14pm

I think of it as a meditation practice. Jews and Muslims have daily prayers at set times daily. I'm not religious, but I think there is something about the structure and thought. Some of my stories were pathetic, but others were great and I never would have written them without the daily practice. I am also working on longer stories not for the project. I used to double up on days that I skipped. I was very strict with myself. I did a lot of writing about writing. gg

• Jude-star-of-david-jpg.thumb
    Copper Sloane Levy
    Oct 30, 06:31am

I believe it, especially being Jewish. It's something I used to do religiously until the past couple years. And given that all magazines hate my short fiction, I may as well use the format to keep my juices flowing.

• Updated_bio.thumb
    James Claffey
    Oct 30, 06:20pm

i'm tempted.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Nov 01, 08:20pm

I've done several years of 100 Days projects and last year did a 365-day, so I know what a great effort it is and how satisfying it can be. But I really need to edit and compile the hundreds of stories that came out of this.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Nov 04, 11:53pm

Yes, Susan. I would imagine that would be the next step, and that there could be structured way to do that as well.

• Aa954218-d15b-44d2-bab9-3e06c4d2b13f.thumb
    Chris Galvin
    Nov 12, 01:02am

Would love to do 100 days. Have done a story a week in the past. A lot of work but worth it, creatively. Right now I'm buried in editing and must concentrate on that if I want to get this book out. Might try the 100 days afterwards, to celebrate.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.