Forum / Genre Migraine

• L%20strattner%20photo.thumb
    Larry Strattner
    Sep 25, 01:54am

I have a knotty problem. Recently I wrote a few fiction novels. I took a brief stab at sending them out to agents and publishers but then said, 'the hell with this aggravation' and just published them for ereaders. Their genres were cut and dried, a thriller, a dystopia, a motorcycle racing story.

But now I have a damn good novel about the modern corporation with sex, lies and videotape that I wrote with a frind of mine from corporate executive days. It's like a demented 90,000 word 'Fountainhead' or a 'Thank You For Smoking' with tinges of Maciavelli's 'Prince'.

My question is what Agent do I send this to? Ayn's and Niccolo's agents are dead and I didn't get a response from Christopher's.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated, and yes, this is a serious question.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Sep 25, 02:39am

No agent advice, but could parts of it be published (in print) as stand-alone excerpts to have something to show to an agent a bit down the road?

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Sep 25, 02:39am

(submited/accepted, not self-pubbed)

• -5.thumb
    RW Spryszak
    Sep 25, 04:31am

try this search engine. Some folks like it, some don't. I've used it. At least they vet the participants so that there shouldn't be any scammers.

http://www.agentquery.com/

• L%20strattner%20photo.thumb
    Larry Strattner
    Sep 29, 02:48am

Thanks Henry and RW, I appreciate.

The selling of books (or any creative product for that matter) continues to be such a struggle. I should just suck it up and do it... (the 400 submissions, each presented following a different guideline, kept for six months, then rejected).

Somehow the writing is so much more fun.

If I can ever be of service to you don't hesitate to call.

LarryS

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 29, 03:34am

???? 400 submissions @ six months ea = 200 years... !!!!

Good thing I'm taking vitamins. This could take a while.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.