Forum / She Saw at Thrice Fiction

• Apc_logo_02.thumb
    MichaelDickes
    Aug 29, 01:57pm

A thank you to Bob and all at Thrice Fiction for accepting my piece "She Saw" for their November issue. Also had a song licensed with a major cable tv network show...which I am contractually barred from mentioning until they start their promotion. Very excited about it. Cherise and I are about 8,000 feet up in the Sierra Nevadas and yesterday two thoughts struck me: 1)Playing ping pong at this altitude is one hell of a fecking work out. 2) The only thing I remember from kindergarden is putting elmer's glue in my palm.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Aug 29, 02:43pm

Michael congrats and a hearty one at that! Bob is a great editor at Thrice and also he sent me the nicest rejection for the same issue you will be included in for November (I was in the last issue). Also congrats on your song getting licensed for cable tv, no easy feat!

1) Ping pong is not easy at any altitude, although I tried to play it once in Telluride and lasted a half a game. 2) I was recently at a sibling reunion (first one in ten years) and I actually came up with my kindergarden teacher's name. Imagine that. My nap blanket was yellow, frayed beyond the edges.

• Updated_bio.thumb
    James Claffey
    Aug 29, 03:10pm

congrats michael! it's a bloody great publication. and the music! way cool.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Aug 29, 03:56pm

Congrats, Sir Mix-A-Lot!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Aug 29, 04:13pm

That is great news, Michael! I am happy for you--what a thrill to get the recognition you've been working so hard for. I only wish I was going to be in NYC for one of your gigs. Knock em dead, kid.

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Aug 29, 04:33pm

Congrats, Michael!

• Tinabarry.thumb
    Tina Barry
    Aug 29, 05:26pm

Great & great!! Congrats.

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Aug 29, 05:53pm

Congratulations! When able, be sure to let us know which tv show.

• Apc_logo_02.thumb
    MichaelDickes
    Aug 30, 01:47pm

Thanks Ya'll!

Hey, wanna know what makes a great gift? My new album! No, really!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michaeldickes

:)

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Aug 30, 02:28pm

Can I get one in September autographed by the man himself?

• Apc_logo_02.thumb
    MichaelDickes
    Aug 31, 02:47am

yep! thanks J

• You must log in to reply to this thread.