Forum / Only just joining in - advice appreciated!

• Profile_pic.thumb
    Elizabeth Rose Murray
    Aug 28, 10:39am

Although I've had a membership for ages, this is one of those places that made my to-do list and then stayed there.

Sorry - I've been writing & muddling through the rest of the to-dos! I've finally waded through my list and here I am.

What would you recommend I do straight away, to get the most out of the site?

Looking forward to joining in & thanks in advance.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Aug 28, 11:20am

Welcome Elizabeth.

I can only tell you how I approached this site - I made a point to read the work of many writers, adding comments - some brief, and some quite long - on many of the works before I began posting my own. I wanted to ease into the flow, and that did work for me. I also joined several of the public groups and private workshop groups here.

Don't hesitate to post your work and to enter into discussions on the forum and in groups, public and private - but be sure to read & comment on the works of other writers here. There are many writers and a great mix of styles and talent here. Reading the other writers has been an enormous help to my own writing. I've made a number of new friends here, and that's been wonderful. I've enjoyed FN, and I hope you will too.

Happy reading & writing.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Aug 28, 12:14pm

Jump in. Join. Look around. It's a mess of beautiful. There are parts of the garden here that are very well kept. Other parts are dark and mysterious. But we citizens of this floating rock like it just fine, unless we're really really hungry--in which case we have been known to grumble and howl.

• Profile_pic.thumb
    Elizabeth Rose Murray
    Aug 28, 12:48pm

Thanks guys!

Sam - I've been reading the weekly newsletter for months so keeping up with what others have been writing but I've not been commenting. That's my first stop. Thank you!

Darryl - everyone loves a mess of beautiful, especially in dark & mysterious gardens!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Aug 28, 01:38pm

Hi Elizabeth: Read the first post, The Welcome and Primer, in the Forum thread. Have fun.

JP

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Aug 28, 02:44pm

Welcome, Elizabeth!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Aug 28, 03:02pm

Elizabeth, JP (Joani)'s advice is great, lots of salient information on the Welcome & Primer in the Forum threads. Also just ask direct questions if you have them here in the threads. Some kind writer(s) will respond, just as they have here. Welcome!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.