Forum / Kafkaish?

• X2007.409.017_g03.thumb
    Kog Zadare
    Apr 24, 04:28pm

A Peculiarized Survey for Your Free Perusal:

Kafkaesque Kafkaian Kafkian Kafkan or Kafkaish?

My half cent on the taken issue:

I witnessed a semi-snooty lady employ "kafkian" (or was it Kafkan?). The startling revelation, that harshly obnubilated my humble facilities, retrospectively highlights that Kafkaesque is rather or entirely apposite to burlesque in its suggestion of the weird and marginal, whereas Kafkian and its more lean brother Kafkan seem precisely to add value and preform the performative service of ideological averring utensils, a maneuver in a subtle stratagem of "dignification" of the subject supposed to be Franz Kafka and his body (of arbeit). Side note to whom it may not concern: Das ist gut Frau B., with whip in hand?

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Apr 25, 03:40am

personally, i like (and intend to use) "kaphkaezque". if only to stimulate my readers' minds into wondering what the heck...unrelated: read a gentleman's magazine this morning (bruce willis on the cover looking quizzically and manly at once, that's why) and now i'm so stuffed with the idea of BRAND (that's all they're doing: try to sell you stuff) that i think someone ought to create a product simply named "kafka". probably exists. perhaps something with a certain degree of metamorphosis: a mug that can also be used as a race car. a t-shirt that can be used as a deadly weapon. a pen that can be used as a urinal. i know i am off track here.

• 3a.thumb
    Walter Bjorkman
    Apr 25, 10:54am

kafka varnishkes - buckwheat groats cooked with onions, chicken stock, a whole lotta existential jewish guilt, encased in a goyim wheaties box, trying to escape

Kog Zadare
    Apr 25, 07:45pm

I'm not sure I like the way your "kaphkaezque" evokes "phat", but that is perhaps my own failing and not the words. I do find that creating a duct to Cronenberg's existenZ and to the word 'existophile' is just nice enough to merit a meticulous mentioning. This 'kaphkaezque' is thoroughly situated in the pop-culture pantheon, powered-up and indispensable to anyone with the gall to harvest wealth in the open market, far from the sacred space of the sanctuary discourse of certain women writing books about Kafka at certain Universities, your mighty word sings for all those unable to dream.

Thank you for your stimulating zeal and authentic vivification.

P.S.
    That almost sounds tasty Walter, but also it sounds disgusting! :P

• Trees.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Apr 26, 12:08pm

Kafkat.

The more I say it the more I like it.

Kafkat.

• 3a.thumb
    Walter Bjorkman
    Apr 26, 12:29pm

A kaffe klatch at a Kafkat Cafe!! Carol nailed it!!!

(Shoes & shirt required, which I guess means pants & kafka varnishkes not required for service)

Kog Zadare
    Apr 26, 04:19pm

A Kafkat giraffe keeps at Kenyat zoo.

Anyway, now that I think it over, that lady I heard, was probably only concerned with breaking with the mass of women.

Only the tiered redolence of satiation scented by snooty noses and some fresh air play, only a philologist's dumb method of flowering the newest.

Only a poet, only a piece of shit, as one could have put it a hundred years ago, without our kitschat neon.

• Newimage.thumb
    Marc Nash
    May 02, 05:51pm

I favour Franzied

• 3a.thumb
    Walter Bjorkman
    May 02, 06:52pm

too - french.

But, Franchised Franzized Frenetic Fleecers of Foreign Franzish Flavors might be a bookstore - or ice cream shop

• Newimage.thumb
    Marc Nash
    May 02, 06:59pm

Not in dear old Blighty it couldn't. Our shop fronts do not permit such florid fascia frangibility (especially with the current rate of business failures).

ich liebe Franzied. Too french? You've been inhaling too much garlic my friend

• Newimage.thumb
    Marc Nash
    May 02, 07:00pm

Ice cream, in England, at this time of year? It's our MayDay bank holiday tomorrow, but you won't catch too many dancing round the maypole so perishing cold it is here.

• 3a.thumb
    Walter Bjorkman
    May 02, 07:03pm

Ahhh! Garlic! to me as much Italian - Francisco Caficcione

• Newimage.thumb
    Marc Nash
    May 02, 07:08pm

FK in the house (only he can't find his way out again)

Big tubercular shout to the Czech German posse

We're all Europeans now in'it? We got passports to prove it

Kog Zadare
    May 02, 08:00pm

My old dictionary gives Kafka as an Austrian poet. Zo: He could as well be a Franzied Kafkaoid firebrand, just missing fricassied kaffrenzy by brother Adolf the artist.

Thank u for your applied attention and wit filled wonder in this the SS experiment that comprises your life.

Yours truly
    The Other of the Other who pulls the godfatheried stringlets

• Newimage.thumb
    Marc Nash
    May 03, 04:13am

mon plaisir

Kafka will not be spinning in his grave as I suspect he would have approved

• You must log in to reply to this thread.