Forum / Welcome to the Help Forum

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Feb 16, 11:08am

Something not working as it should? Let us know, and we'll do our best to fix it.

• P1010603.thumb
    Brian Howell
    Feb 20, 04:18am

I'm glad the forum's up and running, Juergen.

• Noname.thumb
    Andrea DeAngelis
    Feb 28, 07:57pm

Hi:

It seems like the invites I sent never got to the invitees. They never saw something coming from Fictionaut.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Mar 01, 10:58am

Hey Andrea -- that's no good. Did they the invitees check their spam folders? We tried to ensure that invite emails wouldn't get swallowed by overeager spam filters but apparently, we can't rule it out entirely. I'll send you the invite links in a separate email so you can resend them. Sorry about this.

• Img_0020.thumb
    Jesse Minkert
    Mar 17, 05:08pm

Does Fictionaut have a page of rules? For instance, am I allowed to post a story that has been previously published? All I know so far is not to post rauncy pictures of myself. But ... I have so many.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Mar 18, 11:26am

Hi Jesse, sorry about the raunchy pictures! We do have an FAQ at http://fictionaut.com/etc/faq, but you won't find too many rules there -- that's by design because we're hoping that the community can establish necessary rules by itself. Previously published stories are fine as long as you own the rights, which usually revert to the author upon publication.

If you have any other questions, feel free to start a new discussion, and we'll do what we can...

• Pyhimlfront.thumb
    Claudia Smith
    Mar 18, 12:32pm

I was wondering if it is possible to view "sent" messages in the mailbox. I haven't been able to do that. Is that a feature you might add? I'm the sort who likes to go over what I've written people, even after I've already sent it.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Mar 18, 12:41pm

Absolutely, Claudia. We're actually thinking about a wholesale upgrade of the messaging system that would add all sorts of niceties, a list of sent messages among them.

• Daviderlewine.thumb
    David Erlewine
    Mar 18, 02:01pm

Claudia's question and your answer are great. Fantastic!

• No_bozos.thumb
    Alicia Gifford
    Mar 19, 02:42pm

Is there a way to find out who has faved your story?

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Mar 19, 03:08pm

Alicia, the short answer is no. The "recent activity" feed on the front page only shows info from your contacts -- so you'll see if they fave your stories, but you won't get notified if anyone else does. I agree that there should be a way for the author to get a list of people who faved their stories. We'll add it to Carson's todo list!

• Serra.thumb
    Pia Ehrhardt
    Mar 20, 05:57pm

Hey Jurgen - For the past couple of weeks, Fictionaut hasn't let me stay logged in. Is anyone else having this trouble?

• Dscn0049.thumb
    Maria Robinson
    Mar 20, 08:48pm

Yes, Pia, I'm having the same trouble!

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Mar 21, 11:53am

Haven't heard of this problem before, Pia and Maria. Does this happen when you return to Fictionaut on the same computer? Which operating system and browser are you using?

• Dscn0049.thumb
    Maria Robinson
    Mar 21, 01:12pm

I'm on OS X (10.5.6) and the safari 4 beta. the downloading of which, now that i think about it, might possibly coincide with the beginning of this issue.

• Serra.thumb
    Pia Ehrhardt
    Mar 21, 06:35pm

It's just started happening in the last month. I'm on OSX and Safari 4 beta, like Maria. Hmmm . . .

• Serra.thumb
    Pia Ehrhardt
    Mar 22, 04:50pm

I stay logged in to other sites like facebook and Zoetrope and the nyt, but not to Fictionaut.

• Dscn0049.thumb
    Maria Robinson
    Mar 22, 04:59pm

Yes, Pia, me too! It must have something to do with the new Safari, but I can't figure out what. My cookie settings don't look to be the problem, and this is the only site that bumps my back out.

• Headshot.thumb
    Heather Fowler
    Mar 22, 05:13pm

Hi everyone!

Hi Jürgen--can you tell me about whether the "?"s will work in the story postings? I notice mine turn into "-"s.

Best wishes and thanks,
    H

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Mar 22, 05:30pm

I'll see if Carson has any idea why you guys keep getting logged out.

Heather, question marks *should* work. Do all of yours turn into dashes? When does this happen -- when you first paste the story into the field, or when you save it? Thanks.

Oh, and also -- maybe we should start new threads for new questions instead of keeping it all in one long discussion. You can start a new help thread here: http://fictionaut.com/forums/help/threads/new

• Serra.thumb
    Pia Ehrhardt
    Mar 24, 08:26pm

It's not happening anymore. Yay.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Mar 26, 09:04pm

yay!

• Serra.thumb
    Pia Ehrhardt
    Apr 08, 11:09am

Hey Jurgen - I'm getting bumped out of the site again. Bummer.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Apr 08, 11:28am

Argh -- sorry about that. We'll investigate.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Apr 08, 04:42pm

Pia, we're a little mystified, but Carson is looking into it. Which operating system are you running, and how quickly does it log you out?

• Serra.thumb
    Pia Ehrhardt
    Apr 08, 06:37pm

Mac OS X 10.5.6. and the new Safari as my browser.

Thanks for your help, Jurgen.

• Alan_and_emily_110.thumb
    Alan Rossi
    Apr 14, 05:06pm

No rush on this one: I sent a couple invites out, one seemed to work fine, the other got lost. Is there anyway I get another one for a retry? (I think what may have happened is it got sent to a spam folder) Thanks for the help. Also, this space is great...

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Apr 15, 12:37pm

Hey Alan, thanks. We're going to remove the protection against sending double invites and replace it with a confirmation dialog in case this happens. In the meantime, if you email me the names of people whose invites got lost, I can send you the codes.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.