Forum / The Fictionaut's Editors' Eye Prize

• Photo_on_2012-12-13_at_23.39__4.thumb
    David James
    May 28, 04:02pm

The Fictionaut's Editors' Eye Prize and series news!

"Fictionaut Editors' Eye Prize" community on Facebook. See the link below.

Please join us!

In the days to come, we'll be introducing our "Fictionaut Editors' Eye Prize," to be awarded quarterly.

The "Fictionaut Editors'Eye Prize" is a cash prize for one story or poem each quarter, chosen from a list of exceptional pieces screened by series editors.

Winning pieces will be judged by well-known literary name/judges from outside the Fictionaut community...
    Stay tuned... more about this soon. In the meantime, join us on Facebook to see all the current Editors' Eye selections from the past few months, and more!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fictionauts-Editors-Eye-Prize/425621490791462

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    May 28, 04:10pm

Moving in the right direction. Good.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    Meg Pokrass
    May 28, 04:24pm

really exciting, glad to be a part of this! thanks for posting this David!

• Aa954218-d15b-44d2-bab9-3e06c4d2b13f.thumb
    Chris Galvin
    May 28, 04:45pm

The page looks great! Hooray for this new prize. Excellent idea.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    Meg Pokrass
    May 28, 06:21pm

we so excited. thanks Chris!

• Fbphoto1.thumb
    Doug Bond
    May 28, 06:39pm

Great new feature here at Fictionaut. Thanks David!

David James
    May 28, 08:05pm

Shortly after I was introduced to fictionaut, I became aware that there was some awfully good writing going on, some which had been or would be published of course, but it has long bothered me though that many good pieces here will, for various reasons, never leave the room to be read and appreciated by those outside the fictionaut community. If this new facebook page serves as an extension of fictionaut to shine some light on the good works contained herein, it can play a part, maybe just a small part, but a part nonetheless, in showcasing the talent I found here,

• Better_send_out_face.thumb
    James Robison
    May 28, 09:01pm

Right and right again, David.

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    May 28, 11:04pm

This is a great idea. Thanks so much for posting this, David.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    May 29, 02:04am

Fabulous--thanks for posting this David. Peace...

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    May 29, 02:22pm

How do we know this will be a "legit win?"
    This is a group started by a woman with an "illegitimate background" of trading faves.

Meg Pokrass has expressly told us this in the forum, in her Community Letter. How do we know she isn't telling her 'guest editors' which writers to "stay away from?" I have it on good authority that Meg Pokrass would never allow me, or some other writers to even be considered as an Editor's Choice.

Anyone on her 'off limits list' is off limits to this prize (not that I would want to be remotely involved). But I make a point here.

David James
    May 29, 02:43pm

Ms. Tepper, you are insulting me here. If you wish for your work not to be included, that's fine. There will be no off limits pieces unless, of course, one requests to be excluded. Please send me the name(s) of the "good authority" source or sources and I will contact them directly and privately, not in a forum laden with anger, petty insult and bitterness coming from you, Ms. Pokrass or others.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    Meg Pokrass
    May 29, 05:05pm

thank you, David.

• Mrsoftee1.thumb
    Jim V
    May 29, 05:47pm

Don't worry, Susan. You have as much chance of winning one of these as I have nailing down a Monday chat.

• Mrsoftee1.thumb
    Jim V
    May 29, 05:49pm

More even...

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    May 29, 06:05pm

I'll lock this for now. I'm excited about the Editor's Eye prize, about which we'll have an official announcement soon.

• This thread was locked on 2012-05-29 18:05:58 UTC.

More soon. -- Jürgen