Forum / Troubleshooting

• Portrait_color_clip.thumb
    Danny Goodman
    Feb 23, 04:04pm

Anyone know why the HTML on "note" section of my stories has suddenly stopped being a link and freaked out a bit?

Thanks!

Rock,

DG

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Feb 23, 06:53pm

I've flagged this with Carson already. Must have to do with the latest bread-winning changes (ads in the sidebar of the stories). As long as there's some white space left I'm happy...and it is surprising how one gets used to NOT having certain usability standards that I've taken for granted on other sites. Having said that, Facebook has always been and continues to be the worst platform ever (in terms of usability) and it's also the most successful of the lot...go figure. End of rant!

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Feb 23, 08:05pm

FWIW, I approve/understand the ad/money-making thing, for why not? No reason at all to do this for free.

But not a fan of the ads appearing *within* the notes/comments section.

Dolemite
    Feb 23, 08:11pm

(esp. as I just learned how to post pictures!--see bio pic...)

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Feb 24, 12:40am

The formatting that I consider as much a part of some of my stories as the words has been altered somehow in the process of these changes.

I don't appreciate that it was changed, not comfortable with the way it looks, and will probably pull most of my stuff. I'm not one to complain and don't make a habit of it, but it took a lot of work to get that formatting down to where it worked when I posted my work here and now all of that work is gone.

Poof.

I'm not at all comfortable with the formatting that remains. No indentations, spacing put in where I didn't put it, where I would never put it. I don't like the look of it.

Changing the look of the web site is one thing, but changing the character of presentation in my personal content is another thing altogether.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Feb 24, 01:02am

Hmmm... I see all my pics that accompanied my stories have been relegated to a bunch of messy-looking urls. The formatting looks okay, though I have not dug deep yet. Peace...

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Feb 24, 07:19am

Hey guys -- this is just a bug that results as an unfortunate side effect of having made some software upgrades. I'm working on it. Sorry for the troubles!

I'll post again when I have it fixed.

Dolemite
    Feb 24, 05:55pm

and the bio pics are .0385% smaller!

When you spend 37 seconds finding the PERFECT PICTURE, you want to be able to see it!

;-)

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Feb 24, 07:47pm

Okay, the issue with author notes not showing inline HTML is fixed. I'm very sorry about the trouble there.

• Portrait_color_clip.thumb
    Danny Goodman
    Feb 25, 10:12pm

Thanks for the fix, Carson.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Feb 25, 10:20pm

Gracias Carson!

• Jolly%20roger.thumb
    Michael Gillan Maxwell
    Feb 26, 06:37pm

Hi all, For several days I have been unable to post on anyone's wall. I am trying to thank people for reading and commenting, and they will see it on their wall whereas they may not return to my piece to see if I responded. Any attempt to post results in a redirect to an error message then -poof- right off the site altogether. Also there's no option to send a private message anymore. Can't find it anywhere?

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Feb 27, 11:52am

I've been having the same problem. If you've commented on "Pru in the Dimple of the Broad-Smiling Boy," please know that I love you!

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Feb 27, 04:37pm

I can't send private messages either and the formatting of the stories I've posted is still out of whack. I put most of my stories in Private so they can't be seen in their present state. Will this be addressed, or is this formatting problem here to stay? I cant see posting my stories if I can't control the formatting any longer.

I love this site, but hate the way the changes are affecting my work.

• Image1.thumb
    David Maverick
    Feb 28, 11:43am

I have just noticed, while browsing Groups, that although it says 'This is a public group.
    Anyone can see it and join.', there is no Join button. Has anyone else noticed this?
    I'm sure it will be addressed but I thought I'd point it out.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Mar 03, 06:02am

David, I'm glad you mentioned this - I just thought they didn't want me. Yes, I've tried to join a couple groups but couldn't find the join button either.

Also, I can't message anyone or add them to my contacts list as the "Message" and "Follow" buttons have been missing for quite some time.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Mar 04, 05:32pm

Not only is the format out of whack on the osted stories, but the position of that flashing advertisement alongside at the beginning of every story is a major distraction as you try to read.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.