Forum / Come on and read with me, someone, anyone

• New_author_photo.thumb
    Phoebe Wilcox
    Nov 30, 05:24pm

Here's the thing. If I can get some gay, lesbian people to write and read about coming out, then we have a gig at Bluestockings in NYC in Jan or Feb. Are there no gay writers out there? Or does every gay/lesbian in NYC hate me? It's probably the latter. Everyone hates me. It's okay, I can take a hint.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Nov 30, 05:34pm

Pheebs, I adore you, you know that! But I'm (unfortunately for this particular situation) straight. If I think of anyone, I will messg them to contact you. It's hard to imagine that no one is responding, it's a great gig.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Nov 30, 05:42pm

Phoebe, I am gay, but I live in Milwaukee and probably won't get to NYC until later in May or June. If I lived there, I would be all over it in a hot bed second. Do you know any of the Wilde Boys on Facebook? That might be a lead, although most of them are poets. Sorry I can't be more help.

• Nicolette_apr_2012.thumb
    Nicolette Wong
    Nov 30, 06:22pm

I think it might be a good idea for Phoebe to ask a few writers who live around NYC, like Danny Goodman and Sara Lippman, and see if they know of some good ones. Those guys are so helpful, too. I'm sure there're folks who want to be a part of the reading, maybe they just haven't been around this forum the past couple days!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Nov 30, 06:41pm

Great idea, Nicolette! Yes, Danny, Sara Lippman, Julie Innis, and any others we can think of might be a solution for Phoebe. It's a pretty tight NYC community. Also, I can ask my pal, Christine Vines, with whom I read in her Fiction Addiction series in October in NYC. She may have some leads, too.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Nov 30, 08:08pm

Phoebe,

I can likely find you some poets. Message me if you're interested...

Thanks,

Bill

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Nov 30, 11:14pm

I'm as gay as I can be, but I'm also as 5000 miles away as I can be. I think I should just move to NYC. I would LOVE to read with you, Phoebe.

• New_author_photo.thumb
    Phoebe Wilcox
    Dec 01, 03:11am

Oh, okay. I guess you don't hate me after all! THis is good. I'll try and email everyone right now.

• New_author_photo.thumb
    Phoebe Wilcox
    Dec 01, 03:12am

I would love to read with you, Chris because you almost look like Bono in those glasses.

• New_author_photo.thumb
    Phoebe Wilcox
    Dec 01, 03:14am

And Suz, I'm as straight as an arrow but I'm reading because I have a "coming out" part in my book that I've never read before and would like to read. . . . inspired by a good friend of mine.

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Dec 01, 05:18pm

Ohhhhh, I'm taking that compliment to bed with me, Phoebe! I love Bono. I mailed you on FB about my friend Kevin Free in NYC. He's gay and funny and an actor and really really funny. He'd like to know specifics. He's book almost solid in January with acting gigs. Do you know possible, specific dates yet?

• You must log in to reply to this thread.