Gloria Mindock
    Nov 23, 04:44pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!!!
    Hope the day is special as we all give thanks-
    Gloria

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Nov 23, 05:58pm

It's nice to have a day set aside just for this moment. There's an endless list for me, even with everything we're going through, I'm thankful for my family, for my friends, for my freedom of expression as a writer, for the many gifts of compassion and insight that so many continue to bestow upon all of us,for laughter, for music,for books, for movies, for libraries, for trees,for kindness, for grace, for dancing,for warm clothes,for pumpkin cheesecake(sorry--had to throw that one in),for children,for grand parents, for football games, you get it,everything pretty much so I'll stop there only to add that I'm very thankful for Fictionaut, a world where literature of all types is welcomed, where the art of writing is alive and well, amazing and inspiring on a daily basis.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Nov 23, 06:24pm

Gloria, a most happy and peaceful day back to you!
    Darryl, this is deeply beautiful, what you wrote here. You said it all and we get to feel it. Thank you, DP

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Nov 23, 07:52pm

Happy Holiday to everyone at Fictionaut and your loved ones also. Spread it around, this planet needs all the love it can receive.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Nov 23, 08:34pm

I feel confused by the meaning of the holiday, thinking it's the other holiday, and keep offering gifts and making other thoughtful gestures. In a month, will I forget again and offer thankfulness?

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Nov 24, 05:32am

We don't have Thanksgiving. :( So I just have to be thankful every day. Happy Thursday, everyone! I'm going to work, teaching, answering the odd question about how Americans celebrate Thanksgiving, hoping I can remember how I did it 17 years ago. We eat a lot, right? Stare at each other until we fall asleep? Wake up and eat again?

Seriously, I'm thankful for friendships and for people in my life who don't want anything from me but a bit of conversation along the way. People with good hearts and good teeth. OK, I'm slipping again.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! You are sweet, wonderful people. Walking pumpkin pies, every last one of you!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.