Forum / The Lost Children: A Charity Anthology

• Thomas_pluck_-_author_photo.thumb
    Thomas Pluck
    Oct 24, 02:21pm

The Lost Children Challenge continues...

I got in touch with an editor of a short fiction site, Ron Earl Phillips, and together with Fiona we have collected 30 of the stories from the challenge for an e-book anthology, and contacted the authors, who graciously donated their stories for this charity collection.

The blog for the book is here:

http://the-lost-children.blogspot.com/

It will be released on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords, and Barnes & Noble on November 1st 2011, with all proceeds going to PROTECT and CHILDREN 1st.

Thanks again to the Fictionaut community for your support.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Oct 24, 02:48pm

Thanks to you and Fiona for engaging us in such a worthy cause, Tom. I'm so happy it has legs. I hope you make much money for the children.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Oct 24, 05:27pm

Tom & Fiona, you have given so much in time and energy and love to this project (plus your own money). I am hopeful that people will buy the e-book knowing that all proceeds are going to these children charities.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Oct 24, 05:48pm

Thanks Fiona and Tom for the opportunity to participate in this terrific idea in a great cause. Hope everyone will think about buying a copy or three of the anthology, providing nourishment for your literary pleasure and the chance to feel good about where the money's going.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 24, 05:59pm

Most writers (and I'm including myself) deserve a year in the pen for self-absorption. (State, not federal, cause federal prison's too cosy)

Tom and Fiona, on the other hand, represent a lovely class of writers who deserve a permanent get-out-of-jail-free card. Be happy to lobby for that and, if not forthcoming, would be just as happy to bake and provide a number 2 silicon-carbide mill file inside of a cupcake ... and a fueled helicopter to land on the yard at precisely 12:47PM EST.

You guys are the best.

• Cisi_avatar.thumb
    Ron Earl Phillips
    Oct 24, 08:25pm

I'm definitely proud of Thomas and Fiona. I am so humbled that this project was spawned by one of our weekly prompts on Flash Fiction Friday.

Thank you also to all the contributors with my apologies to those who weren't squeezed into the limited 30 spaces allotted for this first anthology. I hope it will be the first of many and that we can contribute through words hundreds of needed dollars for the well being of the children, our future.

-Ron

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Oct 24, 09:00pm

Tom and Fiona, your kindness and generosity is amazing. Please, everyone, do everything you can to promote the sales of this anthology. This is surely what JLD calls "Literary Activism" at its best! And we didn't even have to take to the streets!

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Oct 24, 09:11pm

A politely worded note to Mr. Sam Tanenhaus, Editor of the NYT Book Review, asking for their support for this project couldn't hurt. books@nytimes.com Attn: Sam Tanenhaus, Editor

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Oct 25, 12:18am

Wonderful cause and project, Tom and Fiona, and I'm very pleased to have work included.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Oct 25, 06:32pm

have featured this <a href="http://kaffeinkatmandu.tumblr.com">kaffe in katmandu</a> just now. several of our kaffe members are included. great book & great cause, well done thomas and fiona.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.