Forum / Some observations on Fn

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 25, 07:04pm

I've not been and won't be posting much now and in the near future so I can finish my novel, but I have been reading and commenting on work here.

First, although the numbers aren't published, it looks like there's a steady decline not only in reading numbers, but in postings as well. For instance, as I'm writing this there are several stories posted on the front page that are two days old or close enough to 48 hours old to be called such. That's unusual ... or so it seems to me.

Also, I've noticed people are having difficulty signing on and, though I never have had that problem, I did just now. Even though there's been no change in my browser and I've had no trouble elsewhere.

I wonder if the decline in postings and readings stems from frustration from people not willing to make more than one try to log in. I tried at least four times before succeeding. I don't think it's me, but could be. The fact that others have noticed the problem makes me believe it might be in the web site.

• Img_1494.thumb
    DJ Young
    Sep 26, 10:37am

I've not heard of or experienced any such problems (logging in), and not sure such an issue would exist for long if many know about it.

If people aren't posting or reading as much, there could be any number of reasons (kids back to school, work, etc), or, as you mention your own book, people could be hard at work on other projects.

Interests go in cycles; I've not had a chance to post anything for a while, nor a chance to read, but just posted something new today and hope to catch up.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Sep 26, 11:28am

I'm not aware of a widespread login problem -- please drop me a line if you're having difficulties, ideally with browser info, and we'll look into it!

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Sep 27, 02:05pm

I have not had any log in problems. I have not responded to any work in ages. I have not had time in quite awhile. The press has been busy and I had my own work to concentrate on plus some other things that came up. At first I worried about this but let it go. (I read when I can. I am trying to finish up two manuscripts.)
    I love reading the work here by so many writers but now only do so when I can. This is such a busy time for so many of us.
    Take care everyone-
    Gloria

• You must log in to reply to this thread.