PDF

Exes of All Sorts: A Punk Rock (and Stems of Punk Rock) Compilation


by Sarah Sassone


“Um Like Your Smile is Totally Ruling Me” (Japanther). “Between a Man and a Woman” (Flogging Molly). “Let Your Fingers Do the Walking” (Black Flag). “Shut Up” (Blink-182).

“Tick Tick Boom” (The Hives). “Born on the FM Waves of the Heart” (Against Me!). “The KKK Took My Baby Away” (The Ramones). “Drinking Is Our Way of Life” (The Casualities). “Climbing a Chair to Bed” (Dropkick Murphys).

“(Can't Get My) Head Around You” (The Offspring). “Dateless Losers” (Reel Big Fish). “Anna Molly” (Incubus). “Annihilate This Week” (Black Flag).

“Geronimo” (Unwritten Law). “Petals” (Hole). “The Impression That I Get” (The Mighty Mighty Bosstones). “Queen of Apology” (The Sounds). “Self-Esteem” (The Offspring). “You Belong To Me” (The Misfits).

“Rapid Decompression” (Against Me!). “Hate Breeds Hate” (Refused).

A brief break from the punk rock regimen: “Roses” (Andre 3000).

“Ego” (The Sounds). “Happy Holidays, You Bastard” (Blink-182). “a.k.a. I-D-I-O-T” (The Hives). “U-G-L-Y” (Fishbone).

“Intermission” (The Offspring).

“Giving Up, Giving In” (Streetlight Manifesto). “Dammit, I Changed Again” (The Offspring). “Every Time I Eat Vegetables, It Makes Me Think Of You” (The Ramones). “The Legend of Johnny and Sarah” (Unwritten Law). “How Dirty Girls Get Clean” (Hole). “No One is Innocent (The Biggest Blow)” (Sex Pistols).

“Oot and Aboot” (The Real McKenzies). “Stop Looking Start Seeing” (Papa Roach). “Friends of Mine” (The Buzzcocks). “The Other Newest One” (Germs).

“Three's a Party” (Kid Dynamite). “Defy You” (The Offspring). “The Crusher” (The Ramones). “Finish What You Started” (Gorilla Biscuits). “The Season's Upon Us” (Dropkick Murphys).

“If Music Could Talk” (The Clash). “No Apology” (Anti-Flag). “Ambition” (Pepper). “Go Big” (The Mighty Mighty Bosstones). “All The Way” (The Ramones). “Have a Nice Day” (Crass).

Endcap