Discussion → Keep TrainWrite on track. Submit!

• Headshot2.thumb
    Karen Eileen Sikola
    Feb 15, 06:36pm

TrainWrite is currently accepting train-inspired fiction, non-fiction, and poetry to be read by its 1,114+ followers. The blog is primarily made up of brief train narratives from the blog’s creator, Karen Eileen Sikola, and also features submitted material from commuting contributors.

Guidelines:
    1. Keep it short (readers should be able to read—and be moved by—the entire piece in one stop).
    2. Include a brief bio (since I can’t pay you, I’m happy to promote you, so include links to your own blog, or other published work).

NOTE: By submitting, you grant the editor to edit your piece as she sees fit. Trust that all edits are made with the intent (and possible sensitivity) of the author in mind.

Submit your observations from the tracks via the blog’s Web site at: http://trainwrite.tumblr.com/submit

Or, e-mail them directly to: trainwritesubmissions@gmail.com with the title and genre of your submission as the subject line.

Response time varies, but tends to range between 1 day and 1 week.

Praise for TrainWrite:

“I’ll be a regular visitor.” —Joe Bonomo, author of AC/DC’s Highway to Hell (33 1/3 Series, 2010), Jerry Lee Lewis: Lost and Found (2009), Installations (National Poetry Series, 2008), Sweat: The Story of The Fleshtones, America’s Garage Band (2007)

“I find myself thinking of things I could write for TrainWrite. Seriously, I could see this turning into a book. This blog rocks.” —Steven Church, author of The Guinness Book of Me, Theoretical Killings, and The Day After the Day After

“Excited to have a new short story published by one of my favorite writing blogs, TrainWrite.” —Danny Goodman, creator of fwriction and two-time recipient of the Samuel Mockbee Award in Nonfiction, via Twitter

“Just wanted to let you know that your blog posts soothe me the same way I’m soothed when I ride a train. My favorite blog on Tumblr. I can only hope to write with such simplicity and poignancy someday.” —writer of the blog Life with Allison

• You must be logged in to reply.