Discussion → I will

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Mar 01, 01:11pm

join - because I'm a follower of the Flawnt & I love to read & I love Irish coffee. I do swear on the cover of Ulysses that I'll read every entry. As for writing, I'll leave that to Stephen Dedalus to tell me - if he decides - what to say, but I have a feeling it would not be a story. A poem, maybe.

• Fbphoto1.thumb
    Doug Bond
    Mar 01, 01:23pm

join - because it gives me a great excuse to do research...though whether it be sacred or secular ye will find out anon

• Fictionaut.thumb
    Meg Pokrass
    Mar 01, 01:41pm

i will because Sam and Doug did!

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Mar 01, 02:01pm

only because (god help me!) i love/have loved irish women

the italian-irish connection, via nyc---o god, don't ask.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Mar 01, 02:01pm

well done, sam, doug, meg - leaders of the paddy pack. i swear i always saw the irish in you. it's there if you only look deeply enough. coincidentally, it's also the 1625th birthday of the original paddy, so we must give it all up for him.

doug - research is an excellent argument: perhaps you can share with us what you find out via a lively discussion. or perhaps you only get as far as a dark pre-research guinness - that'll do too.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Mar 01, 02:05pm

go gary! i bet that poodle in the picture is really an irish setter: she, too, can drop the drag now and go green. apropos irish women: you can always cross-dress and post to the sex group, too.

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Mar 01, 02:07pm

that's dylan--the good looking one in the pic?

i have a poem, actually, that i may dust off. no sex, alas--or, wait....

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Mar 01, 02:18pm

gary - that's james, the generous patron of this challenge (see charter on the right). it's a literary gamble but dylan thomas would've been sacrilege since he's welsh, of course.

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Mar 01, 02:32pm

no, the DOG is dylan, lol

• Beate_close-up-0334_copy_(1).thumb
    Beate Sigriddaughter
    Mar 01, 08:47pm

join - because I knew Patrick (not the saint!)

Beate Sigriddaughter
    Mar 01, 08:54pm

PS: slán agus beanacht

Beate Sigriddaughter
    Mar 01, 08:56pm

yeah, so I missed the second "n" in "beannacht"--here it is then

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Mar 02, 12:24am

beate, a hundred thousand welcomes to you and the faint memory of patrick - Céad míle fáilte romhat! - actually when i was younger, my craze for all things celtic did turn into an attempt to learn gaelic but my active vocabulary is very, very small. there's barely enough to make it through paddy day.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Mar 05, 05:24pm

...because I already did, and besides had this story(unbenownst to meself)occupying a flat off the second-floor landing of my head from the time when I was visiting my friends Sid and Ann in London in 1998 when the IRA was making the city lively and we went to see "Dancing at Lughnasa" in the West End and caught the cab of an Irish driver, and Ann starts asking him what it was like to be Irish in London town while the IRA is making life a little uncomfortable for the residents...so this is what I imagined it was like.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Mar 05, 05:44pm

...what it was like then, and what it's like now.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Mar 10, 09:42am

In Binghamton, New York, St. Patrick's Day lasts a week. John Fitzpatrick, if that was his name or I never knew it: Fitzy, was master of opening & closing parades. The men played bagpipes in kilts, knees red in the cold, crossing the bridge at the Susquehanna-Chenango confluence I.M Pei built. Fitzy wound up with double knee replacement. When he perished, prostitutes he'd helped into stable lives attended the funeral. He was my bartender at Fitzy's Irish Pub.

• You must be logged in to reply.