Discussion → Hello

• 009_07.thumb
    Shelley Ettinger
    Nov 03, 02:50pm

Hi -- I hope it was okay of me to join this group. I have a feeling it's made up of Mississippi MFA folks, which I'm not. But I did have some poems in several issues of the Mississippi Review a few years back and I do admire the journal a lot, so ... Anyway, I went ahead and posted a story of mine which, I hope and I think, is in line with the MR's outlook. Thanks -- Shelley

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Nov 03, 06:05pm

Hi. According to the note on the side here, anyone can join up since it's a Public Group. I too hope it was okay for me to sign up. The Main Page of this website gets too much traffic and in less than 12 hours my stories got bumped out, especially by people who post up a half dozen stories in less than 1 hour, which isn't fair. I just want to write my stories, get a couple of publishings, and give readers a chance to have fun. This website appears to be a good place to help improve my writing skills, so if I do get a publication, the people who read my stories will receive a quality and hopefully thought provoking storytelling.

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Nov 05, 07:44pm

hey shelley & henry--

welcome. i am glad you are here. and i hear you, on the speed of the front page, and the multiple postings, and etc.

this group slows things down--you are most welcome to post your stuff here.

cheers,

gary

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Nov 06, 08:17pm

Thanks. I'll definately have my next story ready to post.

• You must be logged in to reply.