Discussion → Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

• Jackie Bole
    Feb 25, 07:58pm

A group of scientists in San Francisco struggle to stay alive in the aftermath of a plague that is wiping out humanity, while Caesar tries to maintain dominance over his community of intelligent apes.(IMDB synopsis)
    That's the idea swimming so far as it is in pre-production. Jason Clark, Terry Notary, and our amazing Andy Serkis are the line up so far in the next edition of the Apes. What? No James Franco?! No Freida Pinto?! WTH!
    We can only hope.
    Hopefully the story will center around Caesar and not so much the humans, right? The one mistake all producers seem to make is to leave the past characters and pick up with new ones that we all have to get to know.
    Wrong.
    Way wrong.
    When we become absorbed in characters, we like to see them again (and not a quick flashback or cameos).
    Their journies become ours. Keep it that way. What makes them think we want to stray from the ones we came to love and know? LEAVE THEM IN THE STORYLINE!
    But I can't tell them that. All I can do is supply them with tid bits that they used in Rise of the Planet of the Apes (if you read Journey of Thade you'd know what I mean).
    We have a year to wait and see what becomes of this.

• You must be logged in to reply.