Discussion → WAR AND ITS EFFECT ON FAMILIES. GLOBAL WARMING, POLLUTION, EXTINCTION, NUCLEAR POWER, GUNS, HATRED, DEHUMANIZATION

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Aug 05, 11:15am

These are my obsessions about the fate of the earth besides the financial corruption that led to the Occupy Wall Street movement. The Arab Spring. The Assad regime in Syria. Famine, Fires, Drought. The devastation of our planet, the most beautiful in the known universe. Obama's complete support nuclear power even in the face of the horrors of Fukushima. I want to be able to express all these feelings in fiction and post them here.

I am new to this group. Perhaps these themes are already included. Occupying earth with compassion for all species and peace everywhere. This is what I want to write about for Occupy Earth.

What do others think?

• Franz_liszt_1839.thumb
    J. Mykell Collinz
    Aug 05, 01:42pm

I admire your obsessions about the fate of the earth and I support your desire to express all these feelings in fiction and post them here. We are at a crossroad in history where the fate of humanity may be determined for all time by big money politics, genetic engineering, pharmaceutical biochemicals, and psychological indoctrination using political sloganeering and commercial advertising to make mush of our brains, destroying our capacity to reason.

Although the present situation for humanity and for our planetary ecosystem, "the most beautiful in the known universe," seems dire, I remain optimistic: if for no other reason than a positive attitude is the best course of action against all odds.

I'm looking forward to using more of my time reading and writing on the subject as the heatwave subsides.

• You must be logged in to reply.