Discussion → Pretzel

• Andyvince.thumb
    Andrew O. Dugas
    Sep 30, 04:53pm

My flash piece "Pretzel" was published in Flatmancrooked a few weeks ago. Check it out here: http://www.flatmancrooked.com/archives/4472

Thanks,

Andy

• Daviderlewine.thumb
    David Erlewine
    Oct 06, 08:05am

hi andy, would be great if you and james posted your stories on fictionaut and then added as a story here. i can't open the link from my current location, not even as cache. bummed like you wouldn't believe. will look at from home or if/when you post on the naut. d

• Andyvince.thumb
    Andrew O. Dugas
    Oct 07, 04:07pm

Hey David,

I will post it here sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I do want to drive as much traffic to FMC as possible. Have you been able to get to it?

http://www.flatmancrooked.com/archives/4472

LMK and thanks for your interest!

Andy

• Daviderlewine.thumb
    David Erlewine
    Oct 07, 04:12pm

Hi Andy,

I understand completely about the traffic. That's absolutely true, something I lose sight of sometimes.

Your story is superb. The greatest part to me was this:

“Look here,” he said. On the screen was his email, the Drafts folder. He clicked on one of the messages, something written but never sent. The subject said NOT A PARASITE. The body said CHERYL MAYER HAS CANCER.

That killed me. I worked in a law firm for years. I know Jack and either you do too or you got a hell of an imagination. Great piece.

• Andyvince.thumb
    Andrew O. Dugas
    Oct 08, 02:50pm

Thanks for the props, David! I'll be reading this in public soon. Always ping me when you have something published or up on this site. I read your Dachau piece and will read again before commenting.

• Daviderlewine.thumb
    David Erlewine
    Oct 09, 06:08am

Andrew, great! I'm sure the public will like this story. Seems like a perfect one to read them...funny and sad and well written.

Thanks for checking out the Dachau piece.

Nice to be in touch,
    David

• Daviderlewine.thumb
    David Erlewine
    Oct 09, 06:08am

Heh, now I get formal. I meant to say Andy. Doh!

• You must be logged in to reply.