Forum / Advice Regarding Story Removal From Fictionaut

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Dec 15, 10:31am

I don't know if this is the place for me to post this but I figure I'll try and see what happens.

My situation is this:

Arcana Magi Zero is supposed to be an Origins Trilogy of my two main characters, Alysia and Megumi, in my Arcana Magi series. But once I started writing the third Short I stopped because I felt it was going to drag on instead of getting to the point. So I rewrote the entire third short from scratch that did get to the point. But now I don't like the direction that is going because I am taking away the character growth development of Alysia as featured in the first Short leaning more towards Megumi which was not my intent, they were supposed to grow equally.

I also fear that the second short which was supposed to cover Megumi's Origins may potentially damage the series storytelling as a whole. I did have intentions of keeping her as a familiar in the beginning but I wanted to try to see if they would work together as a dual team as set up in the end of the second short.

Now I want to remove the second short from Fictionaut to prevent any bad storytelling in future releases of Arcana Magi but a little over 30 people may have potentially read it and some may potentially have liked it, but I don't know what will happen if I remove the second short.

Does anyone have advice as to how I could approach this?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Dec 15, 11:24am

Instead of deleting the story (on the http://www.fictionaut.com/my/stories screen), you might want to consider setting it to private (on the edit story screen) -- that way, any comments and views are preserved, and you can make it public again at any time.

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Dec 15, 12:15pm

Okay. I'll do that. Thanks.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.