Forum / 'Bring a Book' now live @ Pure Slush

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Apr 08, 06:55am

Start your weekend well with Matt Potter's Real Time piece 'Bring a Book' - about food and and the company you do and don't keep.

Go to:
    http://pureslush.webs.com/thelatest.htm

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Apr 08, 05:13pm

Just read this piece and it brims with what we call "humanity" in terms of being alive and vulnerable and aware. Wonderful work, Matt

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Apr 08, 10:22pm

Thank you Susan, for reading and your always thoughtful comments, Reading it again - I literally wrote it the day after it happened, then edited it before uploading - made me nostalgic for Deutschland (though I was much happier in Berlin than Hamburg) ... but not for dining alone!

Susan Tepper
    Apr 09, 01:39am

Hamburg was strange for me, too. It was winter there and rainy. Then on to Hamelin, land of the Pied Piper. So many little mice thingys...

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Apr 09, 09:15pm

most people who read this will not appreciate how well you captured so many things - hamburg (i grew up there), turkish restaurants (i ate there) and being alone in a crowd (i fear it). brilliant piece, matt, and berlin is much, much better than hamburg though you made me a little nostalgic for it but just a little. rode my bicycle through berlin tonight, back from potsdamer platz across unter den linden past the dome up schönhauser allee...it was warm-ish, everybody sat outside, laughing, enjoying spring and it would be nice to have you here, too!

Susan Tepper
    Apr 09, 11:56pm

OK, I want to be there too, under the umberplatzen tree, or whatever tree it is that everyone is sitting under, laughing and enjoying...
    it's the greatest thing in the world, to have people together, enjoying

• You must log in to reply to this thread.