Forum / Poet Dean Young Needs Help

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Dec 09, 02:13pm

To all my fellow writers:

I don't know Dean Young, but I do know his poetry. Dean has recently slipped into an extremely dangerous phase of an on-going heart condition and without a transplant in the immediate future, his prospects are bleak. I hope some of you out there will be as moved as I am when you read Tony Hoagland's account of Dean's struggle at the following link and that you will donate what you can in support of Dean and of poetry. Forgive me if this isn't a venue for asking for this type of help, but in my experience with the generous people here, I thought it appropriate to at least let you know there's a fellow artist out there who needs us.

Thanks,
    JP

http://www.transplants.org/donate/deanyoung

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Dec 09, 04:10pm

This is extremely sad to hear. I hope people will help out in even a small way. It sounds like a very desperate situation.

Just think if everyone on f'naut pledged just 2 dollars = a lot of money because there are a lot of f'nauters.

• Cropped_photo.thumb
    Ethel Rohan
    Dec 09, 06:04pm

Thank you, JP, for posting this. I just learned of Cami Park's passing and am shocked. There's nothing I can do for Cami but continue to read and spread her words, and offer my condolences to all those she's left behind.

Thus, I'm happy to be able to help Dean Young.

Thanks again,

Ethel.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.