Forum / sad, pathetic little plea

• Me_011.thumb
    Jennifer L. Lopez
    Dec 08, 10:53pm

Erm... well... I'm rather embarrassed to ask in this manner, but...

A few months ago I submitted my first page in the WeBook PageToFame contest. The ratings are coming in slowly. I need a minimum of 120 ratings to be elevated to the next round, where I'd get to submit a 5-page sample to be rated. I currently have 87 ratings: 1 - 2%; 2 - 8%; 3 - 31%; 4 - 48%; 5 - 11%. Only ratings of 4 or 5 count for elevation, so I currently have a 59% elevation rating.

I have no idea what the threshold is to be elevated once I get to 120, or the threshold to be dropped from the competition, for that matter. I'm just terribly impatient to get more ratings, and slightly arrogant enough to think I'm a bit bitter than the 59% rating I currently hold. :-)

So..... if anyone has some spare time, you can sign up for free at www.webook.com and rate the PageToFame entries. I can't direct you specifically to my entry, as that would be unfair. Pages will come up randomly for you to read and rate. The only control you have is to change the genre. Mine is under Women's Fiction, and the title is Confessions of a Non-Believer.

I don't expect anyone to go find my entry and inflate the ratings. I'd like honest ratings, so if you think it's a 2 or 3, give it that. If you think it's a 4 or 5, then give it that! In the process of looking for my entry, you may find some other first pages that you think deserve high ratings, and you should definitely give them. You may also find some that deserve, well, a little less. But your honesty in rating is what's important.

Anyone else have an entry in the PageToFame contest?

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Dec 09, 01:56am

Jennifer, it's not sad or pathetic to want recognition for your work. I will look at that site you sent over. Good Luck!

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Dec 09, 03:00am

"sad, pathetic little plea"

I'm guessing a career in marketing is not in your future...

;-)

(good luck!)

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Dec 09, 03:04am

See, even Matt, who hardly ever helps (just kidding) thinks you should flaunt (Flawnt? did I just say Flawnt?)--

even Matt thinks you should stand proudly behind your work and ask for our help when need be.

• Me_011.thumb
    Jennifer L. Lopez
    Dec 11, 11:21pm

@Matt - nope! haha. Which is why I shudder to think of self-publishing. I need as much help in the marketing/PR department as I can get!

@Susan - thank you!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.