Forum / Reading submissions / poetry and flash

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Nov 08, 12:55pm

Reading submissions of poetry and flash / November and December / for Blue Fifth Review's blue five notebook series.

For guidelines ...

http://bluefifthreview.wordpress.com/submission-guidelines/

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Nov 08, 01:44pm

Sam, will you consider stories and poems that have appeared at Fictionaut?

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Nov 08, 06:25pm

This is a bit of change for me, Ann - but it's a new form of venture - and a new web host - for Blue Fifth ... I will consider work (poetry and flash) posted here at FN with this stipulation - if the work is accepted at BFR, a note listing publication credit in Blue Fifth Review must be added to the page.

Here's the portion of the new guideline at Blue Fifth that addresses this point:

"The editor will consider work that has been posted on a personal or public blog, Myspace, Facebook page, or workshop site with the following stipulation: Should the submission be accepted at Blue Fifth Review, the work should be removed from all posts and archives. If, however, publication credit, listing Blue Fifth Review, is added to the posted page of the online site, the work may remain in all posts and archives."

My own idea that works appearing at Fictionaut are published works hasn't changed, however, so I would post a note at BFR, listing credit to the work's appearance at Fictionaut. That's only fair.

Hope this helps.
    best,
    Sam

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Nov 09, 12:24am

Nice, Sam. I hope to submit something.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Nov 09, 01:19am

Thanks Sam -- this looks swell! I am sure Blue Fifth Review will be inundated! Peace...

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Nov 21, 03:16pm

I believe I sent something meant for Blue Fifth Notebook but mislabeled for the Review--or vice versa! I still can't quite get the hang of following instructions when in an excited state of submitting.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.