Forum / Smiley

• Img_20220916_174315_923.thumb
    Jeffrey S. Callico
    Aug 23, 05:46pm

Just in case you haven't noticed, this user is no longer part of Fictionaut. I asked Carson to remove the user, and thankfully it was done. We no longer have to be subjected to vile Forum posts that serve absolutely no purpose here -- or anywhere, in my opinion.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Aug 23, 11:19pm

Unfortunately his posts, here in particular, hurt us all by association. He seemed not to be able to help himself, amping up the contextless toilet wall smearing whenever the urge hit. Im sorry it had to come to this,that he couldn't be persuaded to stop but I hope that his absence will encourage some of those who've dropped out to show their work here again.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Aug 26, 09:56pm

Chris and I were discussing the same thing. I thought about sending the below message to him, but Chris talked me out of it. I'm glad you took action. Thank you for being brave for all of us:

We've got a problem with Smiley bogarting the Forum page, trying his best to insult and scare away everyone else. I've given it some thought. And here's what I've come up with so far: Everyone has the right to express themselves. No one should tell you what to write or how. Freedom of Expression is a right we all need to fight for with all our might. But I'm seeing you using a forum space, instead of the regular allowed and promoted publishing space, for your own continued publishing of creative materials. It creates an atmosphere of fear. And by that I mean it infringes upon others need to use the forum for open discussions of any other topic. Surely you can see this? They are afraid to use it because of you. You can't possibly want this. What I'm assuming you want, like all other writers, is to be heard, to be read, to be given thoughtful consideration for your work. If you just can't do that for some reason, how about backing off just a little bit, not entirely, just generally, so that other writers who might be more timid than you can maybe find the courage to speak up for themselves on a forum basis without being afraid of being attacked or put down for trying. Thanks for letting me express myself to you on this subject. dp

Jeffrey S. Callico
    Aug 26, 10:03pm

I had im’d him a couple times in the past, and at that time he seemed to understand the issue. I guess he thought, after a while, that no would care. Well, I did — and I thought others would too. I just got fed up with it all.

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Sep 02, 09:33am

Hi Jeffrey,
    You say you contacted Carson Baker. I've tried a few times to do that, and he never responded. A very fine member of our community, Marc Lowe, emailed me to get help in reentering the site. He forgot his old login details. I messaged Carson, but as mentioned, he didn't get back to me. If you have any suggestions on this, I'd appreciate any tips, which you could post here. Ditto to anyone else reading this. Cheers, Eamon.

Jeffrey S. Callico
    Sep 02, 09:49am

Hello, Eamon — Carson is at carson@carsonbaker.org

Let me know if you need me to reach out.

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Sep 02, 09:44pm

Thanks Jeffrey. Pretty sure I tried that. I'll try again.

Jeffrey S. Callico
    Sep 03, 12:51am

I just emailed him and let him know.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.