Forum / TOM CRUISE ON NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Jan 05, 04:04pm

You know what happens at the beginning of the year? People make resolutions. Because they wanna lose weight. Because they wanna get a promotion. Because they wanna reach their goals. But this is how failure thinks. See, I don't need to make any New Year's resolutions. I reach my goals daily, by the hour. So when I get to the end of the year I never look back and say, Hey, what could I have done better. I'm always doing better. And if you're not always doing better, then what are you doing? Worse! You're doing worse! Heh, heh, heh. That word isn't even in my vocabulary. I'm getting better every single day. Because there are no limits. There's no ceiling on being as good as you can be. And to think that people are programmed to believe that? That they have limits? There are no limits! We're going to Mars. And then we're going out of the solar system. We're going to discover worlds more fantastic than our own, and when we get there they're going to throw us a party! We're going to dance! Tell me, do you like to dance? I do. I love to dance. Is my New Year's resolution to learn how to dance? No! Because I'm already a great dancer. I've always been a great dancer. I was a great dancer when I was born and I was great dancer in my previous life and in the next life I'll still be a great dancer. I'm never going to stop being a great dancer. Can you understand what I'm saying? Heh, heh, heh. The universe is here so that I can dance, heh, heh, heh. And to think any differently is to not only short change yourself, but everyone who relies on you. And, trust me, there are a lot of people who rely on me. I'm a one-man economic system. I support people in the truest sense. Without me there are people who wouldn't be able to eat or breathe or do anything. And to someone normal that might sound like a lot of pressure. But I guess I'm not normal. I just don't feel pressure. As a matter of fact, I don't feel anything! I mean, heh, heh, heh, no, no, no, I feel lots of things. That's all I do, is feel. I couldn't stop feeling even if I wanted to. I am a feeling machine that is in constant motion. I never stop. I can't stop. heh, heh, heh. I can't stop. I can't stop. Heh, heh, heh. I can't stop.

• Img_5429.thumb
    Dianne McKnight-Warren
    Jan 05, 08:54pm

Reminds me of "Put down the coffee." Cruise does Mamet. Would it work?

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Jan 05, 09:20pm

Tom Cruise, at one point, would've been the perfect actor for Mamet, I guess, except I don't know if he would've understood Mamet, or how to approach acting Mamet's dialogue. I think it's one degree above his acting station. If you want to see a contemporary of Cruise's pull-off Mamet with flying colors watch Val Kilmer in "Spartan."

• Better.thumb

I, uh, I, uh -- actually BELIVE this!!!

All I see is his toothy grin -- Good JOB, Chris!!!

I guess ...

(runs for DOOR)

• Better.thumb

"Mamet! Dammit! I wanna SCREW!!!"
    -from "Rocky Horror PICTURE Show," audience RESPONSE obviously, not the actual DIALOGUE ... poor Janet?? Whatever happened to her?? Maybe she got some better ROLES --

(sarc.)

• You must log in to reply to this thread.