Forum / Asshole or Asperger's (a personal question)

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    May 19, 03:35pm

Self-discovery while reading John Elder Robison's memoir <i>Look Me in the Eye</i>.

https://mdpaust.blogspot.com/2017/05/asshole-or-aspergers.html

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    May 19, 03:37pm

If you have to ask then the answer is asshole.

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    May 19, 03:37pm

Just kidding, Mat.

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    May 19, 04:07pm

Actually, the inability to read and parse meaning during interpersonal contact is endemic right now, as the connective / networked / digital world does not promote nuanced communication. As a matter of fact, it actively denies it, and, as such, people - their brains being plastic and malleable and all - are following suit and adopting the connective way of communication and discarding the conjunctive form that was indicative of a literate, oral form of communication. Hopefully some sort of order will soon be created out of this chaos, maybe in our lifetimes, maybe not. I hope it comes sooner than later and that people can get back to the work of creating art and stop with this memoir / personal confession essay bullshit. Its beyond boring at this point.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    May 19, 04:19pm

Chris, at least my title isn't boring. I agree with your thoughts on the environmental causes. I blame our hyper/cyber/digitalized society for my ADD, too.

In my book John Prine is a prophet.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    May 19, 10:00pm

Hey, y'all... quit being all topical and stuff. Let's put all the chitchat aside and talk about what's really important... me.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    May 19, 10:05pm

Aye Aye, Cap'n James.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.