Forum / Another idea for youse to dwell upon

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Sep 01, 06:50pm

Woke up at 1:47 this morning in a cold sweat, experiencing the heartbeat overdrive that often accompanies for me a thought. It started with a question: Is the invitation feature broken or is Fictionaut's membership currently at capacity? I came up with a possible solution to the second part of the question, went back to sleep and uncannily remembered it when I awoke at the normal time. I hereby lay this night-hatched notion before you, to wit: (space down, please)

If we are at capacity, why not get rid of nonparticipators? Each time I go looking in the "people" database I come upon page after page after...and on and on...of names I've not seen before in my life. What if Carson and/or Jürgen were to set a minimum post requirement per annum as a condition of membership, whereupon failure to comply would result in automatic termination? That way we would have more room for new members who wish to contribute. Made sense to me last nite, and still does.

That's it. Gabble amongst yerselfs...

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Sep 01, 07:29pm

Maybe my Neil Hamburger joke cleared the ballroom, or so I'd like to think. I'm a very ineffectual human being 99.99 % of the time, so maybe it would be okay for me to have a momentary delusion of grandeur. Or maybe everyone just has nothing to say right now. Or maybe they figured out this isn't the place to be if they want to shill their wares and they've headed for greener pastures.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Sep 01, 07:52pm

It's you, bubba. I didn't wanna say it...

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Sep 01, 08:03pm

For reals? Oh boy!

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Sep 01, 08:48pm

Nah, I lied about the whole damned thing. And I'm not ashamed! It's what fictionists do. Anyways. The prompter was, of all people, Sally. Here's what I found yesterday on her profile, which the feed had told me she'd just updated. Here it is--deep breath:

"Maybe, if I squeeze my eyes real tight
    and pray to the big Pink Pixie in the sky
    one day, just maybe,
    the invite function will be fixed.......
    and new voices will at last be heard.

Until then...

closing up shop for the foreseeable."

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Sep 02, 03:27am

Very few of us could ever hope to meet Sally's high standards.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Sep 02, 03:44pm

That's why she's so important to this place.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Sep 03, 01:01pm

I think your idea, Mathew, is a very good one. But the problem is more a matter of Carson having the time to put in toward any solution. Until that happens, I imagine we'll stagger along in the present status quo.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Sep 03, 07:19pm

Maybe he should consider delegating to someone.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.