Forum / NF needed at MadHat Lit

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Oct 28, 11:37pm

Hi all,

We've received quite a bit of fiction and poetry over at MadHat, but could still use some strong NF. If you have an essay, memoir, or excerpt from a larger work that has yet to find a home we'd love to take a look. 1-3 short pieces (700 words or less), or a longer work of up to 3,000 words.

Thanks in advance :-)

https://madhatter.submittable.com/Submit

• Web_bio_newglasses.thumb
    J.A. Pak
    Oct 29, 01:04am

Sandy, I'll try to send something by this weekend. :)

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Oct 29, 05:30pm

Thanks, J.A.! Can't wait to read it.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Nov 09, 03:33pm

Sandy, I have several pieces written separately that are forming a kind of narrative sense as I assemble them in an order that is a further step in a process. If I submit 3,000 words of those pieces (it will be more than 1-3 of them), they will have what may seem like subtitles as well as an umbrella title for the group of them. Could that work as a longer submission?

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Nov 09, 04:29pm

Hi Ann, yes, by all means. Please send us what you have and we'll take a look. Thank you :-)

Ann Bogle
    Nov 10, 04:35am

Thanks, Sandy. Are you keeping open for a while. I am in the midst of putting this work together.

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Nov 10, 03:25pm

Ann, as soon as I accept a certain number of pieces we'll be closing NF subs until the end of the year (poetry and fiction are already closed.). No way to know when that will be. It will depend on the work that comes in. So I would shoot for sooner rather than later. You could also send in an excerpt of the longer work. Hope that helps.

Thx again :-) I'm looking forward to reading your work/ SE

Ann Bogle
    Nov 13, 03:25am

Submitted this evening. Thanks, Sandy!

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Nov 13, 04:16am

Thank you, Ann. Will check it out :-)

• You must log in to reply to this thread.