Forum / Messages and Invitations

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Oct 15, 08:17pm

There are two ways to look at the current breakdown in the above functions. One is that it's inevitable since it's happened again in the space of a couple months. The other is that it's fixable, since it was up and running after Carson worked on it. I'm hoping the latter; these are, as has been frequently noted, important functions that contribute mightily to Fictionaut. Right now I'm sitting on three requests for Invitations: two to join Fictionaut, and one from a current member to join the Bear Pit private group. I'd like to
    see that they all get through.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 15, 08:27pm

Pity it is when Fictionaut appears to be experiencing somewhat of a renaissance, with older members returning after long absences, that there is no way to grow again with new blood. If this isn't fixed promptly, I'd have to say the site deserves to die.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 16, 02:32am

I'll take that back. Just that it's frustrating that no one is minding the store. I would love to see this place thrive.

• White.thumb
    Henry Standing Bear
    Oct 16, 02:35pm

I wonder if the site is doing as the creators had hoped? Seems after all these years they would have been able to or had the inclination to move out of the beta stage.

I remember thinking when I first signed up in '08 that it would be so much different once "the doors opened up." I was thinking in months at the time. Well, here we are almost seven years later and nothing as moved forward.

So, like I mentioned, I wonder if the site is doing as they hoped it would? If not, it could have slid off their plate of priorities.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Oct 16, 04:30pm

Hey Sheldon, James and David (and others)...I just sent Jurgen a note about the recent "invitations sent" issue, and he replied less than 6 hours later- said he had no idea that was even an issue and asked me to e-mail Carson, which I did. I've always known Carson as the Fictionaut "technical issues" guy (not sure of any title, per say?)

Needless to say, I sent out three invites recently also, and none of the recipients claim they received them, even checked their spam for them. So, some glitch is going on. Hopefully they will fix it?

I've not yet had a response from Carson, but hopefully I will soon.

• White.thumb
    Henry Standing Bear
    Oct 16, 05:27pm

Good deal and bravo, brother!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.