Forum / Matt Dennison

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Oct 05, 04:09am

I received a note from Sam Rasnake to let me know that he had gathered that Sheldon Lee Compton had been asked to leave Fictionaut? Is it related to his post about Matt Dennison that I (also) responded to? God, is Matt Dennison in trouble living in whoknowswhere? as it seemed the night I called him, and we spoke? He will not take Matt Dennison's calls despite the bait? [HANG ON! I MISWROTE THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE.] I miss Dennison's fishing poetry. As I said. No need to bend over backwards to say it again, since Matt said several times to me that my work sucks. My writing could be fiction much more often, I agree, but he didn't suggest that.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Oct 05, 04:22am

Ann, My guess it would be related. But, after sending you the note, I did read a post on Facebook - Jürgen stated that Sheldon had been removed without his knowledge or approval, and he wanted to correct/work that out. I'm not sure if Sheldon will want to come back, but I hope so.

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Oct 05, 09:20am

The question is why is Matt Dennison allowed to stay and Sheldon asked to leave?

Yes, it's like I'm a ghost come back from the dead. I know. I haven't been lurking here for 2 years. Just needed to see who it was, and of course I already knew it would be Matt Dennison.

One of the reasons I left was because of Dennison's negativity. I spent days writing each book review I published at Fictionaut--because I was asked to do it--just to have Matt Dennison tell me to shut up, he'd rather read the book himself. I should have ignored him, but the situation also forced me to submit my book reviews elsewhere. So thank you, Dennison.

There must be some sort of middle ground between the buddy club and Dennison's petty nastiness. If you can't get rid of him, the best you can do is simply ignore him.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Oct 06, 09:31pm

If Sheldon's eviction was prompted only on what I saw in the "Pointless Violence" thread it strikes me as laughably ironic, considering the venue, that his gentlemanly, Victorian-sounding response to Dennison's crude challenge might have been interpreted as an actual physical threat.

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Oct 06, 10:02pm

I'm going to miss Sheldon and I'm going to miss Matt. I like them both immensely. They are good men. They seem to have had a bad moment with each other. We all have these moments.

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Oct 06, 10:32pm

It seems to me that the only way to resolve this is to reinstate The deleted forum post Sheldon wrote just before he was ejected. Then the community will have all the facts and can make up their own minds about it. This shroud of secrecy is unproductive and is putting a pall on this community, at least for me.
    I also think Sheldon should be reinstated as I think he was a more positive influence than not and he spoke in anger. We've all done it.

You've earned more of my respect, Matthew P. And Chris, by your thoughtful comments.

• White.thumb
    Henry Standing Bear
    Oct 06, 10:40pm

Hello beautiful people. My privileges have been reinstated. In short, I said I was going to kick his ass, and I meant it. Make of that what you will. I'm happy to be back, and any support I was afforded is so greatly appreciated. Now let's get back to the good reading and the good writing. Thanks again!

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Oct 06, 10:49pm

All's well that ends on an upbeat note, pretty much.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 07, 01:37am

Welcome back, Sheldon.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Oct 07, 03:01am

Glad you're back, Sheldon- truly - and yes to the get back to.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Oct 08, 06:20am

Ex-fictionautestia who quit or were fired are glad to be gone. Sheldon is glad to be here.

• White.thumb
    Henry Standing Bear
    Oct 08, 05:04pm

Yes I surely am, Ann, and thanks. Thanks again too to all of you.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.