Forum / Editor's Eye update -- a glance to more fun ahead, a ghank you, and a nod to Gary Hardaway

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    Sep 02, 04:08pm

Dear Fictionaut fellow-travelers,

I'm posting this to update you on the Editor's Eye series, which, at least at Ed Eye HQ (my head, that is), is still going strong, even if you've not seen it on the page during August. We've run into a few scheduling snags in recent weeks, so you may have noticed that the last post was with Matt Potter back at the end of July (if you didn't see it, you can find it here: http://www.fictionaut.com/wordpress/2014/07/31/editors-eye-matt-potter/)

Please stay tuned for the upcoming September pages. In fact, the schedule is filled all the way through year-end, and it's thanks to the community here that the series is strong.

When I took over the Editor's Eye curating position, my personal goal was to democratize it, to make it feel like it's a way for us as readers to sharpen our discerning 'editor's view'. By putting ourselves on the spot and discussing in a serious way why certain stories/poems deserve a second or third look, we hone our reading skills while also making note of some of the lesser known but no less excellent work here. As such, many of you are included in the mix of readers -- and it's wonderful to see how the selections are made during each two-week period. Occasionally, we ask outside editors to step in and take a peek too, but I like seeing how this series continues to grow from within the community.

So thanks to everyone who has stepped up in the last year. All so excellent, with such good work being noticed and held up for others to see, too.

If you have missed Editor's Eye contributions, see the link here. You'll be amazed at the variety of contributors, and the range of work cited.

http://www.fictionaut.com/wordpress/category/editors-eye/

Also, here's one last important note to add:

As of this month (September), GARY HARDAWAY will be curating the column through year-end. I'll still be around and always here to help, but my travel schedule over the next few months (my real-life schedule, that is, not my late-night cruising here) will be more erratic and Gary has agreed to make sure things run smoothly while I'm out of reach.

A big round of applause for Gary for taking this on. Huge of him to say YES when I asked.

So...

Coming soon... EDITOR'S EYE IN SEPTEMBER.

Thanks!

-Michelle

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    Sep 02, 04:10pm

Oh, hhahaha!

A GHANK YOU!!

Editor blooper of the late-night prowler....

A big THANK YOU.

(and fuck, Elvy, go to bed!)

• Best_guy_ever.thumb
    whatwouldbukowskido
    Sep 02, 06:19pm

You're guelcome...

;-)

• You must log in to reply to this thread.