Forum / Each edit of a draft counts as a view?

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Feb 17, 10:56pm

Am new to posting here, and have noticed that when I go in to edit a draft it counts as another view. Seems odd. Any way around this?

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Feb 17, 11:02pm

That's odd. Just opened a draft again to check, and the viewing count didn't go up, so maybe I'm wrong. I guess my question now is, how would anyone be able to see a draft before it's posted? Glitch in the system? New member error? (I'm guessing it might be the latter/ haha)

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Feb 18, 12:21am

Not sure if this is your problem, Sandy, but I posted and worked on a poem privately a few months before I went back to it and revised a bit before actually posting on the main wall. The poem posted in the line during the first week I thought I had finished it. In other words, it was already way off the front page as I posted it. I had to cut and paste it to a new page, so it thought it was new that day. Views aren't anything that hurts or favors you. They're only the numbers count of people who take an interest in your piece. It does count as part of the Recommended List's algorithm, but only a few tech savvy people know how to manipulate view numbers to the extent that it truly makes a difference in moving the piece up the list. Hope this helps.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Feb 18, 12:39am

Did you see the buttons at the bottom right of the page that ask if you want to keep the piece private or public? Until you're ready to go, click "Private." I saw your piece and *'d it yesterday. If you keep it private for days, you'll have to cut and paste it to a new document if you want it to show up on the front page. Each time you use a different computer, your views go up, too.

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Feb 18, 01:18am

Hi Joanie

Thx for the explanation. No, my only concern was that I didn't want something posted until I had finished editing it. Am getting used to the formatting, etc. I do think my pieces might be way too long for most people, judging from some of the forums on that topic. Ah, such is life, right? Might be time to start doing some flash :-)

SE

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Feb 18, 01:24am

In response to your second comment, I have a couple of pieces that are drafts, not posts, even though it says 'posted on' next to each. Won't let me post a second piece until the first is off the main page, which of course makes sense. I'll figure it out eventually. Thx much

• You must log in to reply to this thread.