Forum / formatting

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Jan 01, 08:19am

Maybe for Carson.

I haven't posted for a while and was wondering if it's still possible to format using a preferred font and also full justification, etc.

I used to wrap my pieces in a div with style directives to carefully control the formatting, but the last time I tried this I had problems.

As an alternative, what about posting a word .doc file? That would suit me if it reproduced as written.

Perhaps a sticky on this subject? Better formatting of pieces would improve the site.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Jan 01, 05:32pm

Eamon,

I've posted a number of poems ( justified left, uneven right with stanza breaks) in word.doc and they come out here as formatted.
    I use Bookman Old Style 12pt. This is a fairly simple format, and there may be problems if you indent lines w/ odd spacings.

Matt has been doing interesting formattings w/ shaped poetry, don't know how he does it, or how easy or difficult it is.

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Jan 02, 12:22am

Thanks David. I haven't worked out how to post a .doc file. I've emailed Carson for instructions.

• Best_guy_ever.thumb
    whatwouldbukowskido
    Jan 02, 03:16am

"don't know how he does it, or how easy or difficult it is."

It's a PITKB*

*pain in the keyboard

• Best_guy_ever.thumb
    whatwouldbukowskido
    Jan 02, 03:40am

Basically, the loss of formatting capabilities here has driven/inclined me to experiment with "shape" (not "form," esp. "good form," whatever the H-E-double-toothpicks that means...).

So it's:

Indent
    Indent
    Indent
    Return

Indent
    Indent
    Indent
    Indent
    Return

(ad naseum)

in the edit page.

Yields an imperfect Centering at best, no Justified, etc., so some of my work has taken on the schwirly schwhape.

Serendipitous Lemons...

;-)

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Jan 02, 06:50pm

Eamon,

I just cut 'em and paste 'em.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Jan 02, 06:52pm

Ausbon,

Yoicks!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.