Forum / off topic but it's the giving season so...

• Blank_sp.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Dec 17, 03:32am

Those of you who are my FB friends, and a few others, know this already, but I'll just spread this info a little farther. I make earrings and pendants out of my photos of crows and I've started this little fundraiser to support services that take care of animals, like shelters, spay and neuter programs, rescues, etc. The deal is, you make a donation to a local animal-related charity, let me know, send me a mailing address and I send you either a pair of earrings or a necklace decorated with my crow images. So if this appeals, contact me. Or just give, to whatever and whoever you want to. It feels good and it does good.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Dec 17, 03:34am

How very fine.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Dec 17, 04:03am

I've seen photos of her work. It's stunning!

• Best_guy_ever.thumb
    whatwouldbukowskido
    Dec 17, 09:47pm

I've seen 'em.

They're crowtacular!

• Blank_sp.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Dec 18, 01:39am

Thanks, you guys, I've enjoyed it and had a good response from quite a few people. I'll probably do it again next year!

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Dec 18, 02:50am

Such a nice way to remind us to give to shelters and homeless animals. I'm so happy I'm getting a pair of Carol's earrings! Y'all may see a profile pic of one of my ears therein adorned.

• Blank_sp.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Dec 18, 03:50pm

Thanks so much, Charlotte! They should arrive sometime this week, hope you like them :)

• Panama_hat.thumb
    Nonnie Augustine
    Dec 21, 01:21pm

My brother and I have our own backyard cat sanctuary. We have six at the moment...and on Monday I'm taking the hardest one to catch to get neutered and to get his rabies shot. Somehow I will get him in the carrier! He is happy to be petted, fed and cuddled, but man, can he ever squirm out of my arms if I try to hold him. But I WILL prevail. So, does this qualify me, I wonder? I really like crows.

• Blank_sp.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Dec 21, 02:43pm

For sure, Nonnie! I'll email you a pic of the earrings and pendants I have at the moment so you can choose which you like best.

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Dec 21, 07:14pm

You can see an earring on my profile pic now although it's kinda tiny. Thanks, Carol!

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Dec 22, 04:27am

Great post, Carol.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.