Forum / Check it out...

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 13, 02:17am

My wife, MaryAnne Kolton, interviews Jayne Anne Phillips in advance of the publication of her latest novel, Quiet Dell. You can read the interview at the Los Angeles Review of Books:

http://lareviewofbooks.org/interview/80866

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Oct 13, 03:07am

MaryAnne did a great job with Phillips' interview. A good read. Thanks for the link, James.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Oct 13, 12:37pm

Thanks, James.

• Wince_cover2.thumb
    Barry Basden
    Oct 13, 02:53pm

Great interview, as if MaryAnne freed Phillips to illuminate her work in a deep and meaningful way.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 13, 03:10pm

Yes, Barry. If I may brag on me wife a bit, she does have that gift. Many of the writers she's interviewed remain her friends. She's a brilliant woman with an intuitive understanding of things literary, yes, but more than that, she's a warm human being.

• Blank_sp.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Oct 13, 04:32pm

That was a great interview. Will have to add Quiet Dell to my list!

• Updated_bio.thumb
    James Claffey
    Oct 15, 02:57am

a good one.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Oct 15, 03:06am

I really enjoyed this interview, James, and I let MaryAnne know via Facebook. Jayne Anne has been one of my favorite writers since I was turned onto her work in college. Can't wait to read her latest book.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 15, 02:24pm

Thanks, everyone. MaryAnne will be missing from Facebook for a few days following knee surgery yestgerday, but all is well and she's recovering like a champ.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 15, 02:24pm

yesterday... sheesh.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.