Forum / A VERY young Jodie Foster

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 12:26am
  • XXXX
    Sep 07, 01:42am

I thought this was a joke and was linked to a photo of a zygote. A missed opportunity.

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 01:45am

Para sa iyo, marahil.

;-)

Ito ay isang napakagandang pelikula.

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Sep 07, 04:29pm

John Hinckley Jr. sleeps with a picture of Jodie Foster under his pillow. The picture is a publicity still from the 1980 Adrian Lyne film, Foxes. In the picture Foster is wearing a red satin jacket with nothing on underneath. Her expression could best be described as pensive, yet pouty. At least once a week Hinckley has a dream where he is being forced to sell the picture at a garage sale being held on the lawn in front of St. Elizabeth's Hospital, where Hinckley has been incarcerated since his 1981 attempt on the life of Vice President Ronald Reagan. In the dream, Hinckley's older brother Scott, and Scott best friend, Neil Bush, get out of a stretch limo and approach Hinckley's blanket, which has been spread out on the lawn, and on which there are a broken guitar, some old copies of Oui Magazine, a mustard-stained teddy bear, and the aforementioned picture of Foster. Hinckley watched in horror as Bush picks up the picture of Foster and asks how much it costs. Before Hinckley can tell Bush that the picture is priceless, and that he is not willing to part with it for any amount of money (no matter what the hospital's staff says), Scott takes the picture from Bush, holds it up to sunlight and says, Hey, Scott, if you squint real hard I think you can make out some tit. Hinckley makes a motion to grab the picture out of his brother's hand, but he is not quick enough. Scott hands the picture back to Bush and says, Give him a dollar for it, Neil, which is precisely what Bush does; he hands a dollar bill to Hinckley, then folds the picture and sticks it in the front pocket of his golf shirt. Scott and Bush then get back into their limo, and peel away. Hinckley is left standing on the lawn, with his pajama pants down around his ankles. The rest of the patients start laughing at him, and this is usually when Hinckley wakes up from his dream, throws his pillow on the floor, and hold the picture of Foster against his heart. This is the dream of a madman, yes, but not that far from a dream of our own.

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Sep 07, 04:31pm

Fucking typos, man.

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 07:02pm

Everyone gets in hard luck sometimes...

--JH

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 07, 07:28pm

Many may be too young to remember, but Reagan was the President. George H.W. Bush was his Vice President. Hard to believe people elected that man as President... an actor who once co-starred with a chimp. I want to avoid the comparison analogy to his tenure at the White House, a thought that immediately came to my mind, but... there it is.

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 07:51pm

(I wonder how the world/USA would have been if McGovern's campaign hadn't imploded with that Eagleton mess. Wasn't he poised to defeat Nixon?)

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 07, 08:22pm

I was politically active only until the '68 campaign, volunteered and worked for Bobby Kennedy's campaign in Virginia. After Bobby got shot, it occurred to me that politics was grand circus with a script written by hidden men in suits somewhere in Texas and I got a little more radical.

No Democrat alive (operative word, alive) could have won on a peace platform in '72.

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 08:34pm

It's all been downhill for America after "The Good War."

(I just realized I don't know what the word "America" means. It sounds strangely foreign.)

• Frankie Saxx
    Sep 07, 08:52pm

That's cuz they're saying 'Murica now.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 07, 09:12pm

After WWII, America enjoyed a period of incredible prosperity, with unions ensuring that workers got a fair share of that wealth. In the early 60's, those who owned the means of production (forerunners of the 1%) began to look abroad as a fertile field for their money.

"Look," they said, "why pay these guys so much when we can get it made in one of those places where people work for a fraction of the what Americans expect... and we can still maintain the price level here in the USA."

I once asked an my economics perfessor, a guy who was really into that 'global economy' hype, "If you lay off all the American workers and shift production overseas, how will American be able to continue the high rate of consumption they offer your products?"

I can't remember his answer, only the snide look on his face.

After the mid-60's, it all started to decline and it was the new saint of the right, Ronald Reagan, who started taking us down that sad decline, grinning all the way.

Rather than upgrade the means of production, corporations 'diversified' and laid off their work force, opened offices in Zurich and Barbados, bought other companies, sold their machinery to China and moved on. Now, American business too often consists of making money off capital investment, not production.

Over time? Voila! The rich get richer and the rest of us sit around in our shorts and wonder what the hell happened, while an entire generation of Americans lives in their Mom's basement.

Once upon a time in America, I made more money working steel in a shipyard than many professionals. It's not a fable, but it's hard for many people to believe anymore.

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 09:28pm

Well, my shoes, they come from Singapore
    My flashlights from Taiwan
    My tablecloths from Malaysia
    My belt buckles from the Amazon

You know, this shirt I wear comes from the Philippines
    And the car I drive is a Chevrolet
    It was put together down in Argentina
    By a guy makin' thirty cents a day

Well, it's sundown on the union
    And what's made in the U.S.A
    Sure was a good idea
    Till greed got in the way

Well, this silk dress is from Hong Kong
    And the pearls are from Japan
    Well, the dog collars from India
    And the flower pots from Pakistan

All the furniture, it says "Made in Brazil"
    Where a woman, she slaved for sure
    Bringin' home thirty cents a day to a family of twelve
    You know, that's a lot of money to her

Sure was a good idea

Well, you know, lots of people complainin' that there is no work
    I say, Why you say that for
    When nothin' you got is U.S.-made?
    They don't make nothin' here no more

You know, capitalism is above the law
    It say, "It don't count less it sells."
    When it costs too much to build it at home
    You just build it cheaper someplace else

Sure was a good idea

Well, the job that you used to have
    They gave it to somebody down in El Salvador
    The unions are big business, friend
    And they're goin' out like a dinosaur

They used to grow food in Kansas
    Now they want to grow it on the moon and eat it raw
    I can see the day coming when even your home garden
    Is gonna be against the law

Sure was a good idea

Democracy don't rule the world
    You'd better get that in your head
    This world is ruled by violence
    But I guess that's better left unsaid

From Broadway to the milky way
    That's a lot of territory indeed
    And a man's gonna do what he has to do
    When he's got a hungry mouth to feed

Sure was a good idea

--Bob Dylan

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Sep 07, 09:35pm

James: I'm old enough to remember that Reagan was elected President. Tongue in cheek, ya see.

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 10:41pm

An even very younger Jodi...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvbSXVc451Q

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 10:47pm

Pre-born foot-stomping Jodi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5If816MhoU

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 10:52pm
  • 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 07, 11:03pm
  • You must log in to reply to this thread.