Forum / Net worth

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Mar 24, 07:46pm

Some of you folks may be interested in my new blog post on combining various network tools to create lasting textual chaos on the internet:

http://marcusspeh.com/2013/03/24/net-worth/

complete with old-style, blackboard-based visual instructions and an honorable mention of Fictionaut. Enjoy.

• Frankie Saxx
    Mar 24, 07:53pm

I am interested. :)

Marcus Speh
    Mar 26, 09:18am

I keep adding paragraphs to this post—on blogging software a few days ago and today on images. Enjoy!

• White.thumb
    Henry Standing Bear
    Mar 26, 09:22am

I liked the blackboard. It was as cool as Bill Withers, bud.

• Frankie Saxx
    Mar 26, 09:34am

I will read again.

I was right, it was interesting.

Also, you were a weird kid, Marcus.

Marcus Speh
    Mar 26, 04:26pm

Thanks, Shel, I had to look up "Bill Withers", just as I had to look up "Randall Jarrell" when Jim Robison threw this name at me once...he did "Ain't no sunshine"!!! yay!

@Frankie update added at end, you don't have to work your way through my jungle of words once again...and was I a weird kid? I suppose all kids are weird that's what makes them special. Later, we struggle with our weirdness and as writers, some of us are lucky enough to be able to indulge it...

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Mar 26, 07:48pm

Kids who are not weird often try to compensate later in life.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Mar 26, 07:57pm

Fascinating piece, Marcus.

At one point, I was eager to plunge - and did -into all the forms of technology. But at some point I began to feel - or at least I feel it these days - as if I'm being choked - as a writer - by all the many techo-venue tentacles.

I feel just the opposite as a reader. The many platforms give me a huge meal. I'm reading more know than ever before. And it's a plus in my life.

Go figure.

At any rate, enjoyed your post. Always do.

Marcus Speh
    Mar 27, 08:24am

@James right you are...still, I've had my share of compensatin', too...

@Sam your support is gratefully acknowledged by this techno-freak. However, from a distance it seems as if you're not badly under way technically yourself...with an online magazine (blog-style), Twitter here there and everywhere, Fictionaut, of course, and Facebook...I think as a reader (agree with you there!) we writers are gradually getting used to higher and higher levels of technology and can hardly help utilizing it—unless we become hermits (I do sometimes dream of it).

• Frankie Saxx
    Mar 27, 11:18am

The internet brings both the blessing & curse of near infinite choice, and the possibilities for distraction are endless.

Currently trying to find a good RSS replacement Google's reader to make my zine habit more manageable.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.