Forum / Notifications or the lack thereof

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Mar 22, 04:54am

I'm new here so please help me out. Do we not get notifications via email or flagging or something when someone comments on a piece? Trying to figure out if it's my browsers fault or if it just......isn't a given here. Thanks!

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Mar 22, 04:59am

It comes.
    It goes.
    The ability.
    I have no idea why.

Used to be steady, a given.

Now, months of nothing
    (then all-of-a-sudden

147 old notifications
    at once)

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Mar 22, 05:02am

Ah. What a crime. Thank you, dear Dawg.

Dolemite
    Mar 22, 05:04am

It used to be so steady.

Then the formatting/notifications/etc.

all fell apart...

• Better_than.thumb
    Sally Jayne Heymann
    Mar 22, 03:43pm

Don't worry, even if you have notifications turned off, they will show up eventually. Mine did.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 23, 04:02pm

We have a part-time techie, I assume volunteer, Carson Baker who does a heroic job given he also has a full-time job. He is amazing at solving specific glitches. This one is just one of those tragedies of life with part-time technology in a full-time technology website.

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Mar 24, 02:36am

Well, that explains a lot. Thanks, Gloria.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 24, 05:31am

He is always happy, cheerful, and polite in trying to help if you contact him with the problem even if he can't fix it immediately. He's extremely responsive. I wish we had him full-time. He's a fictionaut member.

• Frankie Saxx
    Mar 24, 08:51am

I keep thinking a bug report/tech support group would be so useful, if there's not one already.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 24, 09:40am

We could name it after Carson Baker, since he fixes all the bugs. He always appreciates knowing about them. :"The Carson Baker Tech Bug Report Group" (names can always be changed). This I would be willing to administrate with you or just by yourself but I want to find the i.d. photo and have to administrate for that. It's brilliant. Yes. Let's do it. Totally. Or just Technical Support Group, not to put pressure on him. Yes! We could also answer trivial technical questions he doesn't need to be involved in. What do you say?

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 24, 11:21am

We should also ask Carson about the idea and give him a say about how it proceeds out of respect and also it's his turf.

• Frankie Saxx
    Mar 24, 11:38am

Yeah, probably just a general technical support group would be helpful. Someplace people can ask questions, report bugs, and make feature requests would be nice. I don't see anything inn the FAQ questions about making bug reports or where to get technical support either.

Would probably be easier for him than trawling through forums looking for stuff when he's got the time to work on it, too.

Not sure if I'm qualified to answer questions here. Seems like half the time I'm the one asking. :D

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 24, 12:09pm

He should be administrator for all complex questions. We could field small trivial ones not to waste his very short time. A Technical Support Group is much needed.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 25, 05:24pm

I emailed him the proposal.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 29, 10:32pm

He did fix the notifications but never got back to me about a group. I find them useless this delayed and just delete them.

• Frankie Saxx
    Mar 30, 06:33pm

Yeah, I got a mail dump the other day. XD

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 30, 08:32pm

For all your tech problems large and small, contact Carson Baker. He is our only tech and clearly not enough.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 31, 02:43pm

Don't put it off. The second you notice something is off, email him. He has no other way of knowing if we don't tell him. He apparently doesn't read F himself and is grateful for the feedback. He's on the member list.

Dolemite
    Mar 31, 03:10pm

He's probably busy...

preparing his restraining order.

;-)

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 31, 03:43pm

Why am I the only one that knows about him???? He's always so nice.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 31, 03:43pm

Why am I the only one that knows about him???? He's always so nice.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 31, 03:50pm

OOPS! Oh, Carson, dear!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.