Forum / Call for Subs - Nonfiction

• Michaeljsolender-headshot1.thumb
    Michael J. Solender
    May 12, 07:05pm

Write for On The Wing! http://fullofcrow.com/onthewing/

It can be difficult for writers with a different, non mainstream perspective to find a venue that revels in bringing thought-provoking, critical ideas and viewpoints into the open for discussion and debate. On The Wing is that platform and as we re-launch our web presence, we are looking for engaging 1000-5000 word nonfiction essays, opinions, rants and more.

On the Wing is the nonfiction arm of the well read Literary Publication, Full of Crow http://www.fullofcrow.com/about.html.

OTW is looking to both published and never before published writers who may feel disenfranchised from the mainstream media and are looking for a place to air controversial, unusual, contrary or unique pieces that may other-wise never have the chance to be read by a wide audience.

As OTW begins to take shape, what we’ll look like and what we will become is dependent in large part on our writers. For now we are best described by what we’re not:

We’re not within one standard deviation of the realm of opinions and perspective you’ll find at most other places.

We’re not into hyperbolic rants and screeds but do relish well thought out, documented and researched pieces that shed new light and/or controversy on something we thought we knew or are completely unaware of.

We’re not timid or afraid to showcase new writers and voices that may have difficulty getting their work published and read by thoughtful, interested readers.

We’re not a one trick pony; we won’t be harping on the same note over and over. We will surprise you, delight you, and anger you. Mostly we’ll have writing featured that will make you want to come back for more.

Want to know more? Visit About http://fullofcrow.com/onthewing/about/.

Got something to say? Visit Submissions http://fullofcrow.com/onthewing/submissions/.

Bookmark OTW and become a regular reader. Consider submitting a piece for review and share the call for new and exciting work with others who may be interested.

We are also looking for original art including photography, illustrations, comics, graphics etc.

If you have questions or want to further discuss ideas you have, please contact me at: mjsolender@fullofcrow.com.

• X2007.409.017_g03.thumb
    Kog Zadare
    May 13, 08:51pm

What's the point your just another asshole with a web log. We already are published here dumb fuck.

• Michaeljsolender-headshot1.thumb
    Michael J. Solender
    May 14, 04:11am

Kog,

You're (not your) certainly an articulate sort. So sorry to offend you're (not your) sensibilities. Thanks for illustrating your (not you're) point so well regarding my being a dumb fuck, I think folks here see your (not you're) brilliance.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    May 14, 06:58am

Kog, no need for insults. Michael's certainly welcome to announce this project here, and I'd prefer it if we could keep this forum civil. On the Wing looks interesting, and I'll mention it on the Fictionaut Twitter feed.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    May 14, 07:33am

Thanks, Michael. I see that Hazar Worth has contributed there. That's a good enough endorsement for me. I like the layout and focus.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    May 14, 12:30pm

The tone of some comments lately is definitely immature and threatening the face of Fictionaut as a community of dedicated and professional writers. How sad.

• X2007.409.017_g03.thumb
    Kog Zadare
    May 17, 05:45pm

:)Your grammar is so impressive to me! I'll Submit at once Mr.police man.

Each of these self serving idiot pages is as worse as the next!

P.S.
    Sorry if I have offended any burning moron centers and their zealotic operational cores, any little dogs or retard blog staffs. Only a coincidental destruct if so. :P

• 408a4808.thumb
    Kait Mauro
    May 20, 11:07pm

Wow, Kog - get a life.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.