Forum / Hello again, old friends

• 408a4808.thumb
    Kait Mauro
    Dec 26, 09:04pm

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks to those who have read and / or commented on my stories in the past few days. I used to be on FN a lot a few years ago, then started college and got very busy and kind of forgot about the site for a while, but now I am back :)

I've been struggling with a very severe bout of depression for the past semester and it has kept me from getting much writing, or much of anything at all, done. I am trying to overcome that and get back to writing everyday, so the support on here is very appreciated. I promise I will read and think about your stories too.

I have a website with a collection of my writing on it:
    http://www.kaitmauro.com/writing

and I am working on putting together a blog. Does anyone else have a writer site or blog? I'd love to look at it, if you do. Also, add me on facebook if you feel like it (Kait Mauro), as I want to have more writers in my network to remind me of why I write and to remind me TO write. :) Peer pressure haha.

Okay, sorry for rambling up the forum, merry post-xmas.

Kait

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Dec 27, 01:48am

Pleased to see your work here once again, Kait.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Dec 27, 02:22am

Severe depressions both kill and are the source of great writing, just maybe not when you are right in it. Just keep free-writing your way through it. As a psychologist myself with bipolar , I've learned second opinions can be life-saving. I find gems in my depressed writing that I use later when I'm feeling better. ALL mood disorders are cyclical. You will feel better again and we'll all look forward to reading your stuff. And yes I have a blog of stories referenced on my main page. I've been blogging for about 6 years with different blogs, all anonymous until now.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Dec 27, 02:53am

Enjoyed a brief visit to your site. I'll have to return and look longer.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Dec 27, 08:40am

Hello Kait and welcome back. I've not been here much either for the past year but continously. My enthusiasm for networking online waxes and wanes roughly with the flow of creativity that goes in or out of my writing. It's a small river that one, a mountain current, a flatland flux, much like sanity: we're all born crazy and some of us find our way back to it, sometimes through writing.

Yes, blog. My main (English) blog is at http://marcusspeh.com - sometimes I think blogging is the bees knees I have even written a manifesto on that - http://bit.ly/bloggingWriters - and at other times I find it most distracting. I'm less and less convinced of the value of social media for the working writer. And I started out as a true believer...but the deeper I go with my own work the less I find I've got left to share online and the less comes back accordingly...it may be a choice that one except for a new brand of writer perhaps. I will still blog here and there but I have given my heart away to words of much greater intimacy and privacy than could ever survive in this hothouse of opinions, information shards and explosions of expression...

Well, you did ask...good luck with the writing! Took a look at your vlog and I liked it a lot!

• Nicolette_apr_2012.thumb
    Nicolette Wong
    Dec 27, 04:13pm

I'm not around much though i've visited your site a couple times. I'm sure things will pick up for you soon. Catch you on Facebook when I'm on next!

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Dec 28, 04:10am

"I've been struggling with a very severe bout of depression..."

Focus your artistic eye outside, beyond, yourself.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Dec 28, 04:57am

...which allows YOU to flow into IT (which is the point: flow: of sludge, beauty and truth, or else it's just stagnant self-reflection).

• You must log in to reply to this thread.