Forum / There is a reason Dog Vacay pays to advertise on this site.

• Mariotestino7.thumb
    Sturla Grey
    Dec 25, 06:02am

Who else here is a dog koo koo, lover, spoiler, coveter, aficionado, mommy, daddy, wrangler, etc?

What kind do you have?

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Dec 25, 05:31pm

If by 'dog' you mean the life-spirit in my house who is smarter, kinder, more loving, trustworthy and POLITE than myself, I'd have to say she's some kind of little poodle mix.

;-)

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Dec 25, 06:07pm

Mine is a rescue. She looks like a fox in color and snout, is incredibly smart,and I can't imagine our home without her sweet presence.

• Facebook.thumb
    John Riley
    Dec 25, 09:33pm

I have one rescue and two aging Jack Russell brothers from the same litter. The rescue is sweet but confused. The two brothers torture him all day and sleep like babies at night while the rescue wanders around the house looking for all his toys that they've hidden from him. I've tried to intervene but the rescue is beyond helping. He's simple and sweet.

• Mariotestino7.thumb
    Sturla Grey
    Dec 26, 04:55am

I have two rescues and have only ever had rescues since being enlightened as to how many dogs are killed in shelters at a young age.
    I do covet French Bulldogs mightily and hope to find one in a shelter some time when I have a pad that allows unlimited number of dogs. One of my prior rescues was a Rottweiler and that breed also speaks to me profoundly.

My two current rescues a are a 60 lb. female Catahoula (Catahoula is the state dog of Louisiana, it's a bonafide cur, having been bred between native american hounds and the hunting dogs brought over to America by the French around Louisiana Purchase times.) - the Catahoula is blue merle with white go-go boots.

I also have a black female demon dog who is about 30 lb and I suspect a beagle/lab/something smaller mix.

I can't really live without dogs. Something about their "life-spirit" is indispensable to my relative sanity.

Dolemite
    Dec 26, 08:03am

cats
    are
    cool

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Dec 26, 03:22pm

We have a rescue sweetie who pushes my homicidal button with her surprise barking (I grew up with a whiner, which I would now prefer -- I think), and seven cats, who, of course are cooler than cool. But I just now saw a photo of a baby hedgehog on Facebook, and am considering adding one to the menagerie. - Poulet Olé (the real Chicken Mãâàn)

• 62698557287.thumb
    Matthew Robinson
    Dec 26, 08:01pm
    Dolemite
    Dec 26, 08:52pm

Cool shots, Matt (looks like my doggie is moonlighting at your house!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knew Chicken Man. Chicken Man was a friend of mine. Senator Olé, you're no Chicken Man.

;-)

• Mariotestino7.thumb
    Sturla Grey
    Dec 27, 11:07am

Matt Robinson your home is very tidy. It appears the cat is the ruler.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.