Forum / Why is Gloria administrating all these groups.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Aug 05, 10:57pm

Not that most of you care, but I feel compelled to explain myself. I only very recently resigned from my career as a psychotherapist due to a traumatic hospitalization. I am recovering slowly and steadily, but I miss my group therapies. I ran groups for Obsessive-Compulsives, Social Phobics, Bipolar Disorders, Parenting, PTSD, Addictions, Women's Issues, Eating Disorders, and Coping Skills. Next to family therapy, these were my favorite aspects of being a therapist. So, my current group duties are minor, but very fun for me. Any other groups you want to pawn off of me, let me know. I will seriously consider it.

One thing that is missing here is not enough group cohesion and discussion.

Also, the organization and finding of groups is abysmal. I have lots of ideas on making it better but lack the technical know-how.

So for now, I'm happy administrating one by one. So far I do: Family Therapy, Microfiction (unpublished) The Micro Cafe, The Comic Story, and The Shredded Safehouse. I'm committed to reading all the stories and would be happy to do more and collaborate with Carson Baker on getting things more organized. gg

• Me.thumb
    Steven Gowin
    Aug 05, 11:29pm

Thanks and get well. I’m in a couple of groups but don’t know what I’m meant to do

Steve

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Aug 06, 01:44am

Well, mainly, post stories.

No. 2 at least try to comment on the stories on your main page for group solidarity.

Number three: It's my job, I think to initiate discussion topics, but yours too. Try to participate in discussions. They hopefully will relate to and enrich the writing.

Those three things would together make for better group cohesion and meaning.

Did I miss anything? I'm new here. What do I know? gg

• You must log in to reply to this thread.