Forum / New idea never before suggested at Fictionaut (or if it has, please guide)

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Aug 02, 10:38pm

Favorite * for "Excellence"

Favorite * for "Required risk at stake"

Favorite * for "Grand, flawed effort"

Favorite * for "Exquisitely crafted miniature"

Favorite * for "Place in the heart or mind"

Favorite * for "Achievement in theme"

Here, I propose six. There could be another number of reasons for especial praise. There would be an option of selecting up to 1 or 2. "Grand, flawed effort" and "exquisitely crafted miniature" are phrases in Michael Cunningham's account at Page-Turner at The New Yorker of this year's Pulitzer Prize panel's priorities in nominating book-length fiction. The panel agreed to favor "grand, flawed effort" over "exquisitely crafted miniature," if it came close, yet the judges rejected the panel's nominations and awarded no Pulitzer in fiction this year.

My own way of hitting the buzzer is starting to bother me.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Aug 02, 11:26pm

Oh, my God, Ann this is so complicated I would be completely paralyzed. I can stand in the supermarket obsessing between two brands of cat food. I think it's sufficient to generically fave and if you want to explain which category it falls in. All that decision-making would make my head spin and I wouldn't have time to read as many stories as I'd like.I fave the current fave system for excellence in streamlining.

• Img_0942.thumb
    Roberto C. Garcia
    Aug 16, 10:01pm

Late to this party, But, I like a tiered system. The options should offer more critical information. Thus saving too much comment writing time. I like the idea Ann and I think it should be explored, at least on a trial basis.

• Me2.thumb
    Lynn Beighley
    Aug 16, 10:55pm

Favorite for I hate you for thinking of this before I did.

Favorite because I want you to be satisfied and quit posting as often so I can meet new writers.

Favorite so you know I think your profile image is attractive and I'd really like to get to know you better.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.