Forum / The twentieth and final issue of >kill author

• 62698557287.thumb
    Matthew Robinson
    Aug 01, 04:17pm

As some of you know, the great and pioneering online lit mag >kill author published its final issue today. I am extremely proud to have a story included in it, my second appearance overall in >ka.

According to Duotrope, I'm 2 for 2 submitting to >ka, and 3 for 77 elsewhere, so obviously >ka has a special place in my heart, being that it seemed to have "gotten" me unlike many other places (F'naut excluded; I've surely felt the love here, too).

Anyway, here's the link: http://killauthor.com/issuetwenty/

There's a nice surprise at the end of the issue. An unveiling, if you will.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Aug 01, 05:14pm

Sad to see it go, it was a great venue. Happy you have a piece in the closing issue Matthew, Congrats!!

• 62698557287.thumb
    Matthew Robinson
    Aug 01, 05:33pm

Thanks, Susan!

• N1568195122_30221661_6261814.thumb
    Michael Dwayne Smith
    Aug 01, 11:42pm

Yes, bittersweet. >ka will be sorely missed. FWIW, I was also honored to have a story in the farewell issue. My one and only, but it is more more more O more than enough. Apnea, BTW--great piece, and congrats on it, Matthew.

RIP >ka

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Aug 02, 10:52am

Matt, congratulations! I feel much the same about KA. They are simply irreplaceable. New piece is absolutely–no pun!–breathtaking. sentences like these: “She molds her antecedents into an inert globe.” and “Clandestine texting, unscrupulous web-surfing, drowsy daytimes, all of it the evolution of his unanticipated proclivity.” are KA signature stuff. so good and also close to Markson. KA and often told me that no connection exists between the dead author after whom the issue is named, and the published pieces. I beg to differ.

Regarding the unveiling: are you not going to admit in fact are that you the mystery editor who has kept us apnoetic for the past 3 years? (Not to worry, I'm asking everyone the same question.)

• 62698557287.thumb
    Matthew Robinson
    Aug 02, 08:33pm

Oh, Marcus, thank you so much. I'm not terribly well-versed on Markson, but that'll have to change!

Michael, it's a pleasure to share a table of contents with you. Really enjoyed your piece as well.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Aug 04, 09:03am

I felt inspired to write a brief hommage to the magazine and the editor, the elusive Vaughan Simons. Leave your wreaths there, please: http://bit.ly/killamia

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Aug 05, 12:59am

A great homage to a wonderful online zine. I hope Vaughan Simons takes off from this venture! Thanks Marcus and everyone!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.