Forum / Call for submissions - Asian Cha #18

• Une_ville_vide_200.thumb
    Berit Ellingsen
    May 03, 10:22pm

Dear writers,

I have the great honor of guest editing the beautiful lit mag Asian Cha this summer.

Please send your best Asia-themed stories.

Full submission call is in the link.

http://asiancha.blogspot.com/2012/03/cha-call-for-submissions-issue-18.html

All Asia-themed stories are welcome.

I'd especially like to see stories about cultural displacement, the expat experience, going "native" or "going undercover culturally", about international adoption or growing up in another culture than your "own".

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    May 04, 12:30am

Congratulations, Berit.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    May 04, 06:58pm

Congrats. Asian Cha is one of my favorite journals, and frankly one of the best international mags out there. Really brilliant stuff, and I love the founding editor, and what she does for her authors. It really is a signal honor to be named guest editor, and you join a long line of top-flight people who've edited. Seriously, big congrats!

Best,

Bill

Berit Ellingsen
    May 05, 10:42pm

Thank you so much, Sam and Bill!

Many of the stories in Asian Cha have blown me away, so I feel very honored to be guest editing there.

I love the international scope and the wide variety of voices, both in fiction and non-fiction.

It's good to have that connection with Asia, even from Northern Europe.

• Aa954218-d15b-44d2-bab9-3e06c4d2b13f.thumb
    Chris Galvin
    May 07, 02:59pm

Congratulations, Berit! I'd love to send something, but since my story "Flood Season" is in the present issue, I probably should wait one cycle at least before submitting something again. Asian Cha is a fine magazine; I love the material they publish, from such an interesting array of voices. What a great publication to edit for. Enjoy the reading.

• Img_0942.thumb
    Roberto C. Garcia
    May 07, 03:45pm

Congrats Berit!

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    May 08, 04:36pm

Congratulations. I'm hope to throw some of my poems in that direction soon.

-Matthew

Berit Ellingsen
    May 17, 08:00pm

Hi Chris, Robert, Matthew and everyone else,

Please send the stories, poems or artwork you wish to Asian Cha, whether you are a former contributor or not.

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

-Berit

• You must log in to reply to this thread.